Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 9 years ago

Have not slept in two days due to tooth pain, please help?

So I had a run of bad luck this weekend when a tooth that was apparently infected reared it's ugly head after my dentist said it was fine. Normally I could deal with stuff like this, but this particular pain has kept me up for two days straight. I have already spoken with my dentist and will not be able to see him until monday. He gave me a prescription for Hydrocodone, and oddly enough, it will not even touch the pain. I'm am starting to really feel the effects of no sleep and I need to figure out what to do to do. I don't think I can make it more days without any sleep. Please help?

• srsly
    Favorite Answer

You're pretty much SOL. If you go to the emergency room, there is a very high chance they won't give you narcs. Blame drug seekers for that.

I've been awake for 6 days straight due to pain, after the 5th day it got fun b/c I started to hallucinate!

Anyway, can you try to drink a mouthful or two of NyQuil or take some benadryl to make you drowsy?

It looks like you have what we call alveolar osteitis. You possibly missed out on the post-extraction instructions. You definitely need to go back to the dentist immediately.