blank
blank asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 9 years ago

What do you think of the name River for a boy?

Please be honest but not rude.

Favorite Answer

I think it is a cute little boy name :) but I think as he gets older he will become self conscious about it. I work with elementary schoolers and middle schoolers and names are one of the biggest things to those kids and it is a way for them to identify. Also, as a business person and an adult, I think it will hurt him in the corporate/professional world because names really do matter in job searches and promotions (unfortunately our world does come up with ideas before meeting a person). So it is a cute name for a little kids, but maybe you should make it a nickname. Hope that helps!

I am not a fan of those kinds of names. Hollywood has made a mockery of naming children and I think it's really disrespectful to their kids. There's nothing wrong with a normal name everyone has heard of. Don't get me wrong, River is decent but the only other person I've ever heard of named River died of a drug overdose. That alone makes the name off limits in my opinion.

Always liked River for a girls name all the best <3

i think River is a wonderful name, however, it is too girly for my taste. I have a sister, her name is River and i think River only suits girls. But if you really like River for a boy, i guess it could be a unisex name, and make sure to give your boy a more manly name for middle name to balance it out.

• ?

I actually really like it. I don't usually like names like these for a boy or a girl, but this is nice. Not too "out there" and "modern". It's masculine and very, very nice. I think it will grow on people. However, some kids may think it's a little strange, but compared to the Nevaeh's and Rhylee's there'll be, I think it's fresh :)

I think it's so cute, i really like it.

2 of my best guy friend's have the middle name River, but i think it's a really cute first name too.

My 2 guy friend's names are Phoenix and Caden.

:)

Its nice but reminds me of the actor River Phoenix.. a dude who was great and overdosed if you don't know

Cute

wow... i like that. very different in a very good way. all these ppl name their kid apple or sunday. and i dont like those but river. its just soooo cute

• well i kno a river who is a guy so i like it