I'm writing about Elves, Fire Elves?

I'm writing a second book about Wood elves, now, I'm not sure of the Fire Elves, fire made me think of the bad side, so I'm writing Fire Elves as the bad guy. Is that it? I'm writing a fantasy book. There are not a lot of informations about Fire Elves. Most of them say they're good guys, so in my book I made them the bad guys, is that all right?

Let me know! I'd be greatly appreciate it. :)

Favorite Answer

Sounds interesting! I think it's totally fine to make fire elves evil. Just because somebody else writes them as good dosnt. Mean you have to, it just show s creative on your part :)

Fire would be evil, since it destroys everything and takes over whatever is in its path. But fire is also warm and extremely useful if you can harness it properly. Remember, there are two sides to every story. Why are the elves evil? You don't just wake up feeling evil every morning; it's something that has to be developed over time. Even the bad guys have to think that what they're doing is right, or else they wouldn't be doing it at all

Fire is essentially capricious, unlike wood, which can be shaped and is obedient to the hand, fire is wild and free - it makes sense, then, that those who attempt its mastery must be a little wild themselves.