could someone name religions and their equivalent to the bible?

i was wanting to broaden my knowledge of peoples faiths and belief systems. an example would be taoism, judaism, hindu etc.

Favorite Answer

Judaism - The Tanakh (more or less the Christian Old Testament), the Talmud is a commentary.

Islam - The Qur'an, also the Hadith are the sayings of the prophet.

Hinduism - The Vedas, Upanishads, Mahabharata, Ramayana

Buddhism - The Tripitaka, Dhammapada

Zoroastrianism - The Avesta

Taoism - The Tao-Teh-Ching

Confucianism (quasi-religion) - The Analects, the Confucian Classics (I Ching, Shu King, Li King)

Shintoism - The Kojiki

Different groups in Hinduism and Buddhism may vary on some of their texts. I don't know that the Kojiki is necessarily a "bible" of Shintoism, but it is revered.

• ssrvj

Sanaathana Dharmam(a.k.a.Hinduism)--"Authoritative" Text is VEDHAM ONLY

VEDHAM is "Revealed" by God.

Even 5000 years before the earliest Abrahamic Religion claimed that their literature is God "Revealed" VEDHAM has claimed that it is God "Revealed"

The Terms "Pasyathi"--"Pasyanthi"--"Pasyami"="I See" etc have been used.An European Scholar concluds that "Sabdahm"="WORD" was FIRST usd only in Hinduism.The Word "SEE" is used in the sense "Cognitive Perception"

"Ikshater Na SABDHAM" (Brahma Sutram)

VEDHAM is also Known as SRUTHI--Hear (Srothram)=>Talk (Srothas)=>Hear=>Talk =>Hear=>Talk etc --Oral Tradition.

Even today (April,29 th 2012) VEDHAM can neither be "Written" nor "Read"--it can only be heard and Recited.

If ONE has a doubt please Google=>"Ghanam recitation by Pandit Chandrasekhara Dravid and Pandit Ramana" (2009 video/audio--in 2010 vedeo--Audio is very poor)rand "Listen (2009) fully for 5 minutes and 35 seconds.

Other Texts like Saasatram--Puraanam--Aagamam--Kalpam- sutram-sooktham-Aithikaasam all are "Man Made" (Smirithi)

Vedham has four branches(Zakhaas)--

Rig--

Saaman--

Yajur--

Atharvam.---

Rig alone is 10,600 verses.--

Unlike other Religious Texts, Hindu Texts are very extensive--both Quality and Quantity.

You meant which Bible ? Written by whom?

Why there are varieties of Bibles, written by many?

Why old testament and new testament ?

Where is the old testament ? Why it is hidden?

Why not only one, like Quran (which is unchanged even a single letter from it's original Arabic script, since 1430 years) ?

Why Islam is growing fast in the world ?

Why Bishops, Preachers, Fathers, Scientists, Doctors and many many from other religions becoming Muslims ?

God must be a Creator, must not a creation, created by creations.

God must be neither born nor gave birth.

You have thinking power. Think.

Judaism=Torah (Old testament)

Islam=Koran

Mormons= Book of Mormon

I believe that the western, monotheistic religions have texts that are the center of the religion. Others have stories but the belief system is based on ideas rather than the stories

• Melkha

Noachidism, Judaism, Baal worship, worship of Tammuz and other gods are mentioned in the bible.

• ?

I do know other religions, but not their books. I DO know that Buddhism has NO book of its own. (That IS the correct 'its' to use in this case.)

You just need to know about the truth:

Islam, and its book is the glorious Qur'an.

Only two of the mideastern genre qualify !!! Judism and Christianity !!! Islam is out because it does not respect or agree with the bible at all !!!

1.Jesus claimed to be God - John 8:24; 8:56-59 (see Exodus 3:14); John 10:30-33

2.Jesus is called God - John 1:1,14; 20:28; Col. 2:9; Titus 2:13; Heb. 1:8

3.Jesus is the image of the invisible God - Heb. 1:3

4.Jesus abides forever - Heb. 7:24

5.Jesus created all things - John 1:1-3; Col. 1:15-17

6.Jesus is before all things - John 1:1-3; Col. 1:17;

7.Jesus is eternal - John 1:1,14; 8:58; Micah 5:1-2

8.Jesus is honored the same as the Father - John 5:23

9.Jesus is prayed to - Acts 7:55-60; 1 Cor. 1:2 with Psalm 116:4; (John 14:14)

10.Jesus is worshipped - Matt. 2:2,11; 14:33; John 9:35-38; Heb. 1:6

11.Jesus is omnipresent - Matt. 18:20; 28:20

12.Jesus is with us always - Matt. 28:20

13.Jesus is our only mediator between God and ourselves - 1 Tim. 2:5

14.Jesus is the guarantee of a better covenant - Heb. 7:22; 8:6

15.Jesus said, "I AM the Bread of Life" - John 6:35,41,48,51

16.Jesus said, "I AM the Door" - John 10:7,9

17.Jesus said, "I AM the Good Shepherd" - John 10:11,14

18.Jesus said, "I AM the Way the Truth and The Life" - John 14:6

19.Jesus said, "I AM the Light of the world" - John 8:12; 9:5; 12:46; Luke 2:32

20.Jesus said, "I AM the True Vine" - John 15:1,5

21.Jesus said, "I AM the Resurrection and the Life" - John 11:25

22.Jesus said, "I AM the First and the Last" - Rev. 1:17; 2:8; 22:13

23.Jesus always lives to make intercession for us - Heb. 7:25

24.Jesus cleanses from sin - 1 John 1:9

25.Jesus cleanses us from our sins by His blood - Rev. 1:5; Rom. 5:9

26.Jesus forgives sins - Matt. 9:1-7; Luke 5:20; 7:48

27.Jesus saves forever - Matt. 18:11; John 10:28; Heb. 7:25

28.Jesus discloses Himself to us - John 14:21

29.Jesus draws all men to Himself - John 12:32

30.Jesus gives eternal life - John 10:28; 5:40

31.Jesus resurrects - John 5:39; 6:40,44,54; 11:25-26

32.Jesus gives joy - John 15:11

God is holy and wants us to be holy !!! His enemy Satan the diabolical one wants us in His camp so he deceives us into sin !!! This war between them has necessitated a solution and God deemed it necessary to make us perfect !!! He acheived that by sacrificing Jesus Christ who was obedient unto death to buy us back from the clutches of sin !!! So now when the Father in heaven sees us He sees the image of Jesus on us [we are sealed like a letter waiting for delivery]so He sees perfection !!! You see He paid a price and put His stamp on us and He has made it easy for us to enter into fellowship with Him and what we need to do is repent !!! Sounds easy so bend your knee and do it for God's sake and yours !!! Pray the prayer at the end !!!

Study to show thyself worthy of what our Lord and Saviour has done for you !!!

There is a massive amount of proof for the Bible being true, one of the biggest things is

Fulfilled prophecy- 1/3 of the whole Bible is prophecy, 2/3 of that has happened

No other book on earth can say that. People from all different backgrounds separated by hundreds and thousands of years, different languages, and countries, not knowing what the other people wrote, writing what would happen and it does.

Jesus fulfilled over 300 of the Old Testament prophecies, the odds of just five being fulfilled in one person are one in hundred million billion, also there is a lot of other kinds of evidence-

Prophesy - http://www.bibleprobe.com/365messianicpr%E2%80%A6

Miracles- they happen all the time - http://leslieey.com/philippines.html

Answered prayers -http://www.2christ.org/prayer/

Changed lives - http://www.washedred.com/changed_lives/

Creation - http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/perfectpr%E2%80%A6

Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.

I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.

You said in Your Holy Word, Romans 10:9 that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved.

Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Him as Lord and Saviour !!! Now according to the bible I AM A SAVED BORN AGAIN BELIEVER, AMEN !!! Now tell someone else what you have just done !!!