my gf is depressed, how do I deal with this situation?

so my girlfriend is 19 im 22. She told me she was really depressed today so I asked her why. It took a lil bit of work to get it out of her but she finally told me why. She said she's been thinking about her first love from Freshmen year in high school. She said he got married, has a kid and family now and it's really bumming her out. The thing that bothers me is that she said "that was supposed to be me." And then she was talking about if he ever got divorced then it would cross her mind to get back with him. Just yesterday she was telling me that I'm the love of her life and that she wants to get married and have a family with me, and now she puts this on me. I don't know what to do. I'm very confused and don't know what to say to her. Any help?

U know first love is a problem cuz the fact is one can't forget about 1st love, we can burry this love but it will never disapear compleatly..its a litle bad if she thought about his divorce and gettin back together but just try to understand her..I know a friend of mine, married women who cried to her husband cuz her first love get married lol and I know that she loves her husband so much so don't worry, if u really love her show her ur love, make her secure..u can tell her that u know that she loves u but it makes u a lil sad knowin that she thinks about his divorce.

I know its confusing but that's us..girls lol

Don't worry its not gonna last long..just some time and she forget about this :)

When things like this happen to me, I just take it in stride with a makeout session with my foe ;)

It always does the trick, and everything works out.

Source(s): I'm hot... My newest BF tells me that everyday! :S

Maybe tell her "don't worry, our kids will be a lot cuter" or something like that. See how she reacts. She may not be over him.

Answer Mine?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AtFom...

smack the **** outta her