HP Pavilion DV6700 Laptop will not boot. The power button lights up and the fan runs but doesn't boot.?

The laptop has been reflowed once before for an issue similar to this. I have tried removing the dvd drive, RAM, Hard Drive, Power Cable and battery(Not Necessary In That Order). I replaced power board ribbon that connects the powerboard to the motherboard. I have tried turning on the laptop with the remote that came with it (Entertainment PC). I don't believe its the motherboard because the battery light will show it is charging the battery when it is in. The power button will light up when I attempt to turn it on. Before all of this happened the display was very dim so I hooked up another monitor and it displayed fine. I checked the connection for the monitor and it needed adjusting. I adjusted it and now nothing is working. The experts who reflowed my laptop put a penny above the nvidia graphics card which was the reflow issue, so I left it there and none of the pins are bent on the processor so I don't think it is the processor. My Laptop was never sluggish so I don't believe it overheated. I am out of things to check. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Please help!!!

I cannot get into BIOS, I created boot cds but the computer doesn't load. I push the power button, the power light comes on then goes off. The fan comes on after about 5 to 10 seconds of whining.

Favorite Answer

CPU temperature is too high, so we can't start, suggest you clean fan, buy a radiator with.

Go to this website download the latest April 26th 2012 operating systems. Make a boot up cd/dvd disk or USB jump drive, and use that to boot up your computer, then you can check if the hard drive is down. It may be that the master boot record is corrupted and all it need is formatting which is most probably the case,

go to this weblink and download any of these up to date Free operating systems

http://distrowatch.com/

I had the same problem with my desktop. It turned out that the video card had burnt out and I had to replace it. After I did everything was smooth sailing again.

Source(s): Personal Experiance