Anonymous

Why do we have to keep fighting after we see each other?

My girlfriend and I see each other as regularly as possible. However, we live with our families due to monetary constraints. She has had experience living away from family while she was in school, so it pushes her a little harder to move out. Even with all this pressure on herself to get out, she can't find a better job with better pay. As for me, I'm content where I am, never having lived outside the family home for more than a week at a time, and with its proximity to school, I'm good where I am, but I know it makes her feel worse for wanting out so badly. We just fought today, after spending the whole day yesterday in cuddle mode. We leave on mildly good terms (I ruined a movie for her because I didn't like it, verbal diarrhea and whatnot) and the next day we start fighting. And lately I've been having dreams about infidelity, to which I read that they refer to bad decisions that have been made or have yet to be made.

We are in love with each other, and we make each other feel better about who we are... Well, I know I feel better about who I am just knowing that I have her in my life, but I don't know if she shares these feelings. My real question is what should I do? What am I trying to tell myself? What is the universe trying to tell me (so to speak)? What am I supposed to do? In what direction should I go? Does this mark an end or a new beginning? Is this where the paths diverge or do they remain parallel?

How much are you willing to see things from her perspective and where would you like to draw the line and speak your mind ? A relationship is about finding that balance. This is not a question about the meaning of life really, its more about finding that stability that keeps one peaceful and sometimes.. happy.