Is getting a spray tan before the beach a good idea?

I want to get a spray tan before I go to the beach this summer (I’m really peal and burn and get freckles and don’t tan). I will definitely be in the water (pool or ocean) three out of the five days well be there. Is a spray tan a bad idea for the ocean?

If not what kind should I get?

I live on the lake and wana get one now to try out and get in the water with it just to make sure I like it, it’s a fresh water lake, would the salt water have a different effect on the tan than fresh water??

• du

Spray Tan Before Beach

Getting a spray tan before you go to the beach is fine. My mom and sister are really pale and they both got spray tans before they went to the beach last year just so they could look darker. However, even if you get a spray tan you can still get burnt because it is "sunless" tanning. Spray tans don't help your melanin boost which is what makes you tan and not burn. Also they spray tan might wash off or fade in the water because the more you "shower" or get into contact with water the more it fades and comes off, but if you keep your skin moisturized with lotion it might last longer! It all just depends so try it out once.

Source(s): I work at a tanning salon.

no your gonna get tanned anyway