Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

If you believe that people who don't believe what you believe will be punished for eternity, you're a psycho?

Favorite Answer

I can finally agree with you, however, you ain't no Tinkerbell.

Source(s): Christian.

the incontrovertible fact that somebody subscribes to a pair weird and wonderful primitive perception does not propose they are able to't appreciate you. not even they are able to noticeably believe that the 'sin' of not accepting Jesus as your saviour (or in spite of you're meant to be in charge of) is as severe as committing against the regulation against someone. From their attitude I could think of they are able to appreciate you for being a reliable guy or woman and that they think which you have the potential to be 'saved for Jesus' yet once you don't be able of get saved, you will finally end up frying. LOL! Edit: So-crates, rather admiring Hitler's oratory potential does not propose which you appreciate him as a guy or woman?

No, you aren't punished for eternity because you don't believe what I believe in. For the all you know about me I could believe in aliens as far as you're concerned.

You are punished for eternity (according to Christianity) because you reject God and refuse to do his will.

maybe, but I don't believe that, because I can't KNOW what the judgment of another person's soul is going to be. God's the Judge and I am not... I can guess but I try not to because we aren't supposed to judge or hate or be wrongfully prideful and guessing at God's judgment open the door to all these sins

is it different than thinking that anyone who does not believe what YOU believe is psycho, any different? I love double standings. They make me laugh.

• Technically, believing it will happen and wanting it to happen are two very different things.

Example:

I believe people who drive drunk will likely get into car accidents that result in fatalities, but I don't want that to happen.

Source(s): Common sense

eh i don't know about the first one, but i'm not a psycho

• David

Now that you finally mustered enough courage to get this off of your chest, will you be able to sleep soundly without Xanax?

It's YOUR eternity...... Nobody can FORCE you to believe in or trust in Jesus as your Savior and He is the ONE Who said the following.......(Not us!!!)

John 8:24 (New King James Version)

24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

John 3:18-21 (New King James Version)

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

John 3:36 (New King James Version)

36 He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

Luke 13:3-5 (New King James Version)

3 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. 4 Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”

====================== and PAUL wrote the following, under the direct inspiration of the Holy Spirit....

2 Corinthians 4:3-5 (New King James Version)

3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. 5 For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus’ sake.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 (New King James Version)

10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Romans 2:4-5 (New King James Version)

4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and long suffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,

1 Corinthians 1:18-20 (New King James Version)

Christ the Power and Wisdom of God

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

“ I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,

And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”[a]

20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

You're pretty messed up in some way.