Who else thinks the Celtics are the big winners of Derrick Rose being out?

This reminds me of 2009 When KG was injured and the Magic ended up being the big winners.

I picked the Bulls to beat Boston in the 2nd round in 6 or 7 with Rose. But now I'm pretty confident the Celtics will beat the Bulls without Rose, putting them in the Confrence Finals a place not many people had picked them to be in. I think a Celtics Heat series will be a lot more competitve than people think. Rajon and Kevin at the PG, and C are the 2 biggest weakness Miami has. Lebron James will still have a great series no doubt p, but I think it will come down to which teams role players provide more consisteny. Bosh struggles everytime he plays KG, and the celtics do have great team defense, as do the Heat so points will be at a minimum. Cause even last year all 5 of those games were very close and competive and that was with Rondo being hurt, and Kevin wasn't playing as well. I think that series could go either way to be honest. A lot of people don't believe that but I do. I'd pick Miami if I had to make a pick, but I don't think its a huge gap.

That's the main reason why I think the Celtics benefitted a lot from this. Miami was going to be in the ECF regardless, but now it pretty much puts Boston there as well, and it would be a pretty intriguing matchup.

@ Papwi. The hawks take way too many jumpshots and don't get enough easy baskets to beat Boston in a 7 game series. Plus Horford is out. And KG has played great since he's been at the center position. Rondo is goofy? WTF thats a reason?

@ Steve: I disagree, I think your really underestimating Boston. And definitely not in 5 games

Favorite Answer

Don't make the mistake of overlooking Atlanta, they could take Boston. Seriously. Atlanta may actually be the big winner here.

Source(s): Allen is hurt, Garnett is old, and Rondo is just goofy.
  • nasser

If i substitute right into a element guard interior the NBA, i'd be greater stressful approximately guarding Derrick Rose extremely than guarding Chris Paul. With Derrick Rose, I determine i'd would desire to be stressful approximately him looking his rhythm and starting to be an unstoppable scoring. considering that Chris Paul is a prior-first element guard, he will only shoot whilst there is an threat. So, you're actually miraculous, Derrick Rose is a larger threat than Chris Paul. final season, Derrick Rose averaged 27 factors consistent with activity, while Chris Paul averaged sixteen.

• STEVE

Miami. With Rose out, they can beat any East team in 5 games.

Maybe I am. 6 games.

I agree, can't wait for ECF

@pawpi you are a moron. Kg is amazing this season, rondo is The best pg this season, and we are playing amazing without allen. Our bench lost to the hawks starters by 5. Get off this basketball section- you are plain dumb.

• Dania

I hate to admit that you're right.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

"James over Pierce..." *SWISH* "That might be the dagger!"

I don't

• LOBBIN

Damn you nailed it.