Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 years ago

How do I tell family I don't want them touching my belly (7 months pregnant)?

I hate being touched when it can be avoided. When my husband rubs my belly, it feels good because I feel like the three of us are bonding, when my doctor does it, it's very professional and I have no problem with it. However, my entire family and my husband's family feel like they have the right to touch my belly. I have tried everything and only my MIL & mother have stopped and because of that, very, very occasionly I let them touch my stomach. The rest of my family won't respect my privacy, and I feel violated. I told them, "Touch the stomach and die." I started touching their stomach. Nothing has worked! It's to the point where I have stopped inviting anyone besides MIL and my mother over! What should I do? I know they're family but that doesn't give them the right!

Maybe they are just excited about the baby, I'm sure they dont mean any harm. If it bothers you that much then be straight forward with them and tell them not to touch your stomach because it makes you feel uncomfortable.

Try having your husband tell them. Seriously, especially his family. He can say that you don't know how to tell them and don't want to hurt their feelings, but it really makes you feel uncomfortable for them to touch you... Especially without asking. It will seem more legitimate coming from a third party. I didn't like it much either.

Good luck!

• Sam S

Just tell em straight up. Gotta be straight with the family no matter what

You could lie. Tell them straight forward. Or you could ease into it.

• A S D

YELL IT! YOU ARE MAKING JOKE OUT OF IT BY TOUCHING THEM BACK! NEXT TIME JUST YELL! AND SAY STOP TOUCHING MEEEE!

OR JUST PUT UP WITH IT THEN!

dont be such a turd u should be glad they are so happy and eager to meet ur baby...