? asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

I want to lose weight already! am sick and tired being the same?

i am a 17year old female and REALLY want to lose the damn weight already. people say that i am not fat and i know i am not an obese girl. i'm just tired of being in the middle. i dont like the way my body looks and i feel un comfortable. i am quite short 5ft 1 and i weigh 120 it is normal. its boring being not fat and obviously not skinny. i really want to get down to 110. i have tried exercising and i have tried pills. went on a fruit veggie diet for 2weeks, tried lemon detox, tried not eating after7 nothing worked! the farthest i got down was 113 and i failed after that, i gained back all my weight because i stopped dieting. how can i lose weight? it seems impossible and i see so many people make it losing a 20 to 30 lbs and they look great.. i feel like i cant do it but i know how but i just can't do it. i have small boobs even though im curvy and i have cellulites and little dimples on my butt and thighs! it isnt a big problem but my flabby arms are the worst! and lastly i have double chin!! with chubby cheeks!! my stomach bulges out. nothing dramatic though! . i just really want to change myself just really sick and tired of being same all the time, nothing is new! i dont want to take any more pills, my body went through enough... why is it so hard for me to lose weight??!! please God tell me why..

Favorite Answer

Ok first love how you are. But any area you want to lose weight in work out. If your arms are flabby do push ups lift weights ect. And time. Its not going to happen overnight

Stay calm and try to love the way you are. There are many ways to lose weight, but probably the best way is to simply watch what you eat. Limit refined carbs and don't overdo fats, even the good ones such as those found in nuts and plant oils. 1 pound of body weight translates into 3500 calories. Burn 3500 more than you eat and you should theoretically lose 1 lb. Exercise should be a mix or cardio (running, biking, swimming, etc.) and weight training.

Im 5'1 aswell and weigh 115 and apparently im under weigh ( should be around 120s) however i have a little fat in my stomach, .. its going to sound very Cliche but eating right and exercising in a healthy way is the way to go, it takes determination ..from past experiences i learned that IF YOU STARVE you will actually gain weight because the body needs those calories you are trying to lose , so instead of losing calories your body " stores" it automatically. Exercising ( little bit at a time, and increase it as you go, don't force your body to much only what you can take youll end up hurting yourself if you do) obviously staying away from greasy food and sodas/sweets. ( Its somewhat still what your body needs , just don't abuse it) and reward yourself if you do, by working out. Im 18, and i was told that it's best to try natural things to lose weight, so don't use diet pills or anything crazy like that most of that stuff barely works, and since we're young our body is naturally changing, so its best to avoid these products, to build a healthy body, there's plenty of great food to help you lose weight such as Grapefruit.,and other tasty things....another thing, once you start losing weight, stick to eating properly, because if you constantly lose weight and gain it back your stretching your body( think of it as a balloon, once there's no more air in it, its wobbly and stretchy) that's exactly what we do to our body if we don't take care of it properly ! :) good luck.

Source(s): past Experience

Hi, so I hope we don't start out on the wrong foot because i'm not really answering your question, (but honestly, i think your weight is perfect for your age and size) but i am in desperate need of help. do you remember that question you put up on yahoo answers about the history of zimbabwe before imperialism? well i am currently in a similar predicament. i need to write a 6-10 page research paper on imperialism in zimbabwe and for the first 2-3 pages, i need to "historisize" zimbabwe. the thing is, i can't find anything to write about. i tried to write about the great zimbabwe, but i couldnt find any good resources or how it led to cecil rhodes invading zimbabwe. and if i was to continue to write about the great zimbabwe, what would i write about? the economy? well, i would, but i cant find any good resources that talk about it. please, if there was any way you could help, i'd really appreciate it. the link to my question is here -> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AvBhK...

• Teresa

carry five grocery bags from the car to the kitchen and put the food away take out the trash wash the dishes and wipe down the kitchen counter

land in the taupo volcanic zone and climb 26 percent of the way up in 18 minutes

a handful of unsalted pumpkin seeds make for a healthy mid day snack theyre rich in magnesium which helps lower blood pressure

take a 30 second break in the middle of your meal evaluate just how hungry you still are before getting back to your food

Don t take rest more than 30 seconds between exercises

Don t skip breakfast and choose that s high in protein for energy and full of fiber to keep you satisfied for hours