ThomasS asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Isn't it a more sane and healthy existence if we are in fact a Free Nation . . . ?

..to have the Freedom to succeed or the Freedom to fail, rather than allowing the Government to decide which group they choose for us to be in ? Are we Pawns or People ?

Favorite Answer

I Think so, but I am not sure.

I am 53 years old, and I was a small child when freedom was attacked by Lyndon Johnson's Great Society.

So it has been a long time since we have really seen any "freedom" around here.

• I am a success because of my own hard work and drive. The government didn't do it, I did. I went to college via the GI Bill after serving for 4 years. I love America. Your idea that the government chooses whether you succeed or fail is without basis or proof.

Well the freedom thing is what the founders set in place. The second amendment is for when the government gets out of control. It is way past out of control.

Freedom? Do you really think this country is "free?" Bunch of bullshit.