Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 9 years ago

What European Countries did not benifit economicaly from New Imperialism. And why?

New Imperialism in the late 19th century

Favorite Answer

New Imperialism refers to the colonial expansion adopted by Europe's powers and, later, Japan and the United States, during the 19th and early 20th centuries; expansion took place from the French conquest of Algeria until World War I: approximately 1830 to 1914. The period is distinguished by an unprecedented pursuit of overseas territorial acquisitions.

The British completely took over most of the country of India, a process starting with Bengal in 1757 and ending in Punjab in 1849

After taking control of much of India, the British expanded further into Singapore, Burma and Malaya (modern day Malaysia) and these became further sources of trade and raw materials for British goods. They also went into Afghanistan and Tibet to counter Russian expansion.

So in conclusion I'm just going to have to list: India, Singapore, Burma, Malaya, Afghanistan, and Tibet. I listed the ones that I could remember but I'm not sure if that's all of them. :)

Source(s): I am taking World History this year in school which I am passing with an A and wikipedia loves you.