Driver's license dilemma, how do I go about getting one now?

I'm 32 and don't have a driver's license, which is uncommon for where I live. I'm sick of being bugged about getting a DL, but it's a little complicated.

I took Driver's Ed in high school, but never got the practice permit or took the final test.

A few years after high school, I took a private Driver's Ed class, got the learner's permit, but never got around to going to the DMV for the rest of it.

Fast forward 9 years to now. How would I go about getting a driver's license? Would I have to take Driver'e Ed yet again? How would I deal with practicing driving without a permit? (You can't get one more than once, can you?) Is there any way I could go to my old driving school, get proof I finished the course, and go to the DMV to take the test?

I'm so confused!

Favorite Answer

Just walk in and apply for a license. You will take the written test, and they will issue a Learner's Permit. You are allowed to drive depending on your State with an 18, 21 or 25 year old.

You will not need Drivers Education. If you have a friend willing to teach you to drive in their car. If not then after you get your Learner's Permit you can enroll in a Driver School and get your behind the wheel practice. But you do not need a Certificate to apply.

nicely techically no u will nonetheless be waiting tochronic yet u could nonetheless could desire to maintain on with the comparable restritions regulation wit the acquaintances in the motor vehicle that are shop on with via the cal DL becuse of the reality if u get pulled over the cop will c that limit whilst it gets pulled up i say this with experiance in the previous in the previous. yet whilst u desire to experience around wit some acquaintances u can do it purely DONT GET caught LIKE I DID and if u do theyll purely supply u according to danger a warning yet any tickets u get in the previous 18 gets droped and dissaper after u turn 18 becuse ull be considere and adault thats additionally from previous experiance too from darrel so cal resident