Anyone else agree please answer?

Ok well I'm a African American female. Everyone at school says I act like a white person and it annoys me, or they make other racist comments. Like do you like fried chicken, watermelon, and Kool-Aid. I find it utterly dumb that you would ask that because you see every race eating that stuff. My dad isn't some over protective macho guy that cusses a lot and used to be a super jock. In fact he is an intelligent human being that goes to work and travels the world for his job because he is a manager of a world wide group of computer engineers. My mom isn't obese or have a giant butt or bust and wear a lot of make up. I don't have that "accent" that apparently all African Americans have nor do i speak really loud, actually I keep to myself a lot.

Sorry for any typos and for my mini rant. Does anyone feel the same way though or am i all alone?

Favorite Answer

Yeah I get you. Some people are just ignorant and they stick to stereotypes to judge other people. There isn't anything you can do about it. Just keep being you. And if you want to say something just let them know that not every African American is the way they believe they are.

• I grew up in a town in Wisconsin and we had one black student who was my brother's best friend. He recieved comments like that all the time but there's not much you can really do but tell people that they're being racist and you're not liking it. They may think they're just joking with you. let them know. if it continues talk to the principal.

I live in a primarily african american community and I've faced racism that has made me so angry I've walked out of school before.

a couple months ago at school our history class was divided into two groups to debate an issue. I was the only white student. I heard a black student say "oh, they gon' win cause they got white girl on their team"

First off, my name is not "white girl." we've been in the same f-ing class all year and you don't have enough respect for me to call me by my name?

Secondly, my skin colour has nothing to do with my intelligence or determination. I was actually failing that class.

everyone would just insist on calling me "white girl" because I was the only "white girl" in the school. I thought it was disrespectful.

Then the thing that pissed me off so bad I left. People were going around starting rumors that I was calling my class mates by racial slurs.. the N word to be specific. Are you kidding me? I don't have time to deal with that bullshit. I'm not using any form of racism or racial slur on anyone, no matter what colour they are.

And the thing that I think bothers me the most in all of this. No one even bothered to ask about my race or heritage the entire time I was there. They were so busy calling me "white girl" they didn't even realize I'm actually Native.

sorry. I had to have a little rant also.

• Ghost

I feel like I just read a description of my life.

I have the exact same problem. I get asked if I like Kool-Aid a lot. And I honestly don't so then they say I'm "acting white". White people drink that stuff too! I just don't like it.

I even have observed that a brilliant form of popular customers not attend here. And those that still generic are constantly complaining with regard to the trolls and the Yahoo vigilantes. i'm guessing that those human beings purely get annoyed and circulate on. whilst the human beings working the sight do not care to rectify the subject concerns that's what occurs.

Same thing here. I'm Asian and newer people at school seem to think the only thing I like to do is study. When people don't know enough about a person, they fall back on stereotypes. It's irritating, but what can you do? Just ignore them.

• I agree that those stereotypes are really stupid but knowing today's society I'm not at all surprised. I'm surprised no one as asked you why you don't clap your hands in between every word because that's the funniest stereotype ever. Sorry haha. It's stupid and you just have to ignore them.

People really need to stop stereotyping, just because your race or the color of your skin doesn't mean you have to act a certain way, BE YOU!!!! <3

Same as you. But they call me Chinese Girl. Because, I'm smart and shy and I'm an otaku.

Just ignore them, like I do. I love myself, just the way I am and you should to :)

Yeah, that sucks.

At my school, people say I'm whiter than paper.

Unfortunately, I am also blonde.

Enduring Blonde jokes suck.

People can be completely ignorant.

yes i agree. everyone be thinks i good at math because im asian but i am terrible at math. And my parents aren't strict at all and my family doesn't own a laundromat lol.