How to convince parents to let me keep Piercing?

I'm 18 years old and I got my right nostril pierced about a month ago. When I came home from college, my mom noticed it and asked me to remove it. I'm not completely done with my classes, yet and she told me that she doesn't want to see by Wednesday (the time I move back). I don't want to take it out since I made an informed decision on this piercing, but I have the feeling that she'll threaten to kick me out or physically rip it out.

Any Suggestions?

Favorite Answer

Tell them it will infect if you take it out :p

Source(s): My lie for when I get a piercing

Seems to me that physically "ripping it out" is a bit far fetched. People go to jail for that. As far as getting kicked out, it is a real possibility. No offense whatsoever, but that would have to be a part of your "informed" decision making process. You may have to make other arrangements. Look at the big picture. This is a small disagreement. Decide what your priorities are (keeping the piercing vs. keeping your Summer living arrangements) and make another informed decision. I have faith in you, and best of luck.

Their house. Their rules. Regardless of how old you are.