Stick shift!!help tips on starting & take off??10pts best answer?

I'm a beginner I suck at the take off...

Favorite Answer

Hold the gas (not all the way) so it stays around 2000-2500rpm, and let out the clutch semi-slowly (or as slow as you want - but not too slow as this will burn the clutch). Works every time for me on a BURNT clutch, meaning you should be able to do it too. I am only 15 as well!

Also, just take your time. If you have to, go to an alley way or an empty parking lot and just practice, like I do.

"I'm a beginner I suck at the take off..."

Practice, practice, practice.

Every clutch is just a hair different ...even from the same brand/model. You have to develop a feel for the clutch ....how quickly it engages or takes up ...and the coordination of applying the correct amount of throttle (how much, how quickly to step on the gas pedal) as you smoothly let out the clutch.

I'm sorry, but there's not a magic "do this and you'll be shifting like Mario Andretti" answer to your question.

You have to develop the feel and the coordination between the clutch and gas pedal. And that only comes from practice.