4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A chanisaw

• 9 years ago

For sale sign on the property.

No, Roundup will work but it will take dedication by you and about 2 years effort. We used to do this in maintanenace and it just took time. The bamboo must be growing, so no early season spraying. Hit it with Roudup......preferable a saturated solution (to make you take 1 gallon of hot water and slowly pour in ammonium sulfate fertilizer 21-0-0, stirring constantly. When no more will dissolve, strain the mix thru a sieve and mix with Roundup concentrate at recommended amount (concentrates vary so read label) and add a drop or two of dish liquid as a sticker). Spray this mix on the bamboo until it runs off. Wait 24 hours and start watering the bamboo again...if you do. You want the bamboo to take in the Roundup and take it to the roots....so the plants must be growing. Every two weeks repeat spraying (you con't always have to use the ammonium sulfate mix.) Roundup is very slow working on bamboo, be patient. Don't cut the boo, let it grow. By the end of the first year about 70% should be gone. Second year repeat until all gone and then catch any stragglers for the next 2 years. Awful job. In some ways Agent Orange would be faster if it was still available and you didn't mind turning your yard toxic.

Remember bamboo is a grass with a vast underground root system. You can't dig it up because cutting the root will cause a new plant to arrise. You have to kill it out by Roundup and thereafter cutting to the ground any tiny plant you suspect is bamboo....you don't want it getting a snoot full of sunshine and forming new plants.

• 9 years ago

Just keep digging it up. It will take at least a year, possibly two. I think a flamethrower will not get rid of bamboo.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Agent Orange

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.