Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 9 years ago

1 positive and 2 false pregnancy test??!!! Anwsers!!! Plz:(?

So I woke up this morning and took a first response pregnancy test and it came out positive and I didn't believe it so I went and bought 2 more... They were both negative. So im wondering could I have peed on the test wrong to where it came out positive??? Please give me answers!!! I've never been so scared in my life!! Also I had unprotected sex 4weeks ago and I've missed my period but for some reason I still dobt think I am.. Why could the tests come back negative and one come back positive??? And if It was April 6th that I had unprotected sex how far along would I be???

Favorite Answer

I hate to bring the bad news, as it sounds you are hoping you are not pregnant but you do need to know that false positives are EXTREMELY more unlikely and false negatives are very common. If the other 2 tests you bought were a different brand than the first one that would likely explain it. Some tests can pick up pregnancy sooner than others. On the other hand did the positive result show up within ten mins? If it took more than ten mins to show up it is likely that you are not pregnant and that it is just an evaporation line. But if the line showed up right away then you are likely pregnant. It could also be possible that you had a very early miscarriage and that would explain the late period and the test first saying positive and then negative. I would wait until first thing tom and test again with your first morning urine. If its negative again an early miscarriage is likely and your period will be late but start soon.

Also the day you had sex does not matter. What matters is the first day of your last period. You are actually considered pregnant "medically speaking" before you conceive. If you can tell me the first day of your last period I can tell you how far along u are.

Hope this helps!

Source(s): Mom of 2 and 1 miscarriage

Go to a free health clinic. They will do a pee test. Or get more pee sticks. Thats what I would do

If you are, youre like 3 or 4 weeks in

get a blood test from dr. this would only place u at 3 weeks pregnant.