Should you wait to get a job if you know you're going on vacation?

I've never had a job and I want to get one but I'm going on vacation in late May for 9 days. It would be good to get a job before then because I know the closer it gets to summer the more people are getting summer jobs, but how do I know I'm going to get 9 days off of work if I have a job? Should I wait until after my vacation to get a job?

• Judy
    Favorite Answer

You could start applying now, but if offered a job, let them know you can't start until after your vacation.

• Jude

It really depends on where you get hired. At my job, they hire kids knowing that they will be taking vacation in the summer. I got hired last month (season starts May long weekend) and am going to France in the last week of May, but they didn't have a problem with it. My work actually encourages people to take time off in the slow months (may and june) because we're only open on weekend and then we can work full time in the summer. Since you're leaving in a month, it might be a good idea to apply after you get back, unless you are able to find a place that is willing to let you go on vacation soon after you get hired.

Great part-time job done on your laptop

Perfect for students, retirees, and stay at home moms

Flexible hours....you work at your convenience

Paid by check

No computer skills needed

Easy enough job that I watch TV while I work

http://help4youtoday.blog.com/2012/04/29/easy-job-...