Why can't money buy happiness?

poverty is no guarantee either....is it ?

Favorite Answer

Money may not buy happiness, but I'd rather cry in a Ferrari.

If you don't think money can buy happiness, just let me show you how happy it will make me. Love? As long as I have money and keep paying she will keep loving me. The same for loyal friends. As long as the money hold out they will be there for you. Comfort that money can buy is much preferable to living in a cardboard box. The health care that money can buy you, will make you a lot happier than the occasional ER visit.

Any one that says money can't buy happiness, has never been without money!!!

• -

People who get rich and lose their motivation are generally not happy, that leaves a void in their life and they may meet fair-weather friends who are basically users. There are those who live a low-key lifestyle with their money and are quite happy, it's not that they "bought" their happiness it's just that they've didn't let their money lead them astray or lose sight of what's important in life. Having access to dental and medical care, a home in a safe area, and the ability to travel or pursue hobbies or constructive activities may take some money but in the long run if a person is not happy when they are working for a living they won't be happy when they have a lot of money.

My grandfather was a very wealthy man with a lot of friends. His closest friend told him to be careful for those other friends were only interested in my grandfather's money. He made one bad investment and lost it all. Almost all his friends left his side. He died in an insane asylum and the only friend that showed up at his funeral was the man that warned him. Did money buy my grandfather happiness? Only for a short time. Like someone said, "happiness is a fleeting moment." Real joy comes from within and has nothing to do with money or the lack thereof. "Godliness with contentment is great gain." KJV.

• S

Well with money you can wallow in your misery in style I guess. You can get decent food, medications, afford good mental therapy, go on a trip. No amount of money can buy happiness. Google the poem 'Richard Cory' About the only thing money bought him was a fancy gun and maybe a golden bullet.

Oh yes it can. But remember it's only a saying and not to be taken literally.many wealthy are un happy. Oh dear they can't find the right partner or their kids take drugs or they get ill . so many reasons but take a poor person and give them money they will be so happy

• Keith

I always disagreed with that statement, I am fairly content with my current lifestyle but if I had some money for health and dental and didn't have to jerk and twitch every month figuring how to pay the bills and still eat I would be in a state of ecstasy.

LMAO@ Lighted fools.

People can quote stories about how wealth doesn't buy happiness, and how rich people are inevitably headed for a fall.....but most rich people that I've know of, have been very happy indeed. And poor people, especially old poor people, are often miserable and powerless. I know which one I'd rather be !

Where do you get these things?

Happiness is a fleeting feeling - money can contribute to a feeling of well being.

If you have money & want to feel really really good - give some away to someone/a stranger who can use a momentary boost - they will be surprised, you will feel great.

Many people may think money can buy happiness . However money only buys stuff that they think will make them happy. You have to look deeper within your self to find what will really make you happy. For most it is love, from friends or family. Once you have love of friends and family most of the other stuff falls n place.