Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

7 Day Water Fast. I have some questions?

Hi, so recently I have been feeling horrible like sick and tired. My doctor recommended that I do a little fast to get rid of toxins and such. I weigh exactly 132 pounds I am 15 and right now I am 5'8. I am Native American so I fast at least once a year spiritually. But this time I usually have someone with me. I have a few questions like how much water should I drink and can I still be in fitness while I am fasting and what are lunch, we only have energy drinks and juice and milk to drink. I am doing a 7 day water fast to cleanse my body. If there is anything else you can tell me please do not refrain.

Thanks(:

• S
    Favorite Answer

If you are having energy drinks, juice and milk, would soup also be possible? Most are like water, but have, perhaps more nutritional value than juice or energy drinks. I would look at the juice & energy drink labels. Most are so loaded with sugar & chemicals it seems to defeat the fast to get rid of toxins and such if you are continuing to drink them.

I think a better way to stay healthy while removing toxins would be from a smoothie/shake fasting. It Involves drinking pureed or blended vegetable and fruit smoothies, such as green smoothies.

I don't understand why fasting from water would help you lose fat? Fat is a store of sugars, and sugars come from food, so you either try to burn the fat or take in less food or both. Fasting from water is a good way to lose weight permanently though. I hear skeletons don't have any fat and look good in a wooden suit.

• Your doctor recommended you fast, but didn't suggest any safe ways to do it? Doesn't sound like a doctor I would be placing my life in the hands of. Energy drinks are garbage.

I suggest you talk to your Healer if you want to know about the right way to fast....the right way for you.

Source(s): Mississauga Ojibwe