Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 9 years ago

What do you call it when someone?

Uses phrases that mean the same thing or have similar meanings in one sentence...or back to back.

Is there an term in English for that?

For Ex:

It's the grand enchilada, the big kahuna.

Or..She's my dream girl. My concubine. My main squeeze. Thanks :D

1 Answer

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Redundancy. The phrases are redundant.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.