Evil in the World Therefore = God don't exist? makes no sense Atheist!?

If you say Evil exist in the world, you are implying an Objective view of Morality.

A universal Law.

If you saw Evil Exist in the world, you are also implying that some form of Good, or right-hood.

So many contradictions in Atheism.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Actually, we don't have the hardcore all or nothing kind of belief system that you have. We don't see things as disparate opposites. There is good and bad along a continuum. It is not black and white. When people choose to commit bad acts continually, we tend to say that they're evil, but that's just a term. It has nothing to do with whether any kind of imaginary sky critter exists.

• Archer
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Actually "morality" is not universal nor is it a law.

Simply stated it is a "socially acceptable behaviors" established by a group or society. These stand are differ with the needs of the group or society.

Mankind created morality when we first began to live in communal groups long before we created the gods.

Good and Bad are relative and opposite concepts required for the recognition of each other. If one did not know light they would not be able to comprehend darkness?

Good is not a god just as bad is not satan but they are concepts of the human mind established long before we created the gods on what was acceptable and what was unacceptable in thought and action.

Think about it!

Source(s): Atheist.
  • Melkha
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Is G-d an It, an I, or Nothing?

Or: G-d's Sticky Fingerprints

By Tzvi Freeman

G*D is Ein Sof. The Ein Sof isn't made of anything. It is truly No-Thing-ness--because there are no things there.

In truth, you can't even say that the Ein Sof exists. Well, maybe you can, but Maimonides didn't think so--. He wrote that one cannot say about G-d that He is an existence, because then He would need a cause that brought Him into existence. So G-d, he basically says, is a non-entity. He's responsible for everything else existing, but He Himself cannot be called an existence. Existence is just one of those great ideas He came up with one day.

G*D is 1. G*D is Ein Sof = Eternal Infinite - logically, mathematically and by definition there can be only 1. More than 1 there is an end/beginning before there can be the other negates logic, mathematics and definition.

Devarim - Deuteronomy 6:4

Hear, O Israel: The Lord is our God; the Lord is one.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

First, "evil" isn't a "thing" about which there is even a question of existence. It's a subjective concept that varies from place to place, time to time, society to society.

Second, going only by what the bible calls "evil" (which is subjective), the bible god does things that itself calls evil, and does nothing to prevent evil being done to others. So if that god does exist, it's evil by its own definition.

There's no need to pretend there's an absolute, objective "evil," when the claimed bible god-thing can be hung on its own definition of it. It's pointing out the self-contained inconsistency of the claimed bible god-thing, not a claim there's objective morality or "evil." Your own definition of "evil" sinks your claims.

You appear to need a great deal of education.

Peace.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Not at all. I have a particular view of evil and you also have a particular view of evil. Therefore I don't see any objectification involved.

Odds are, however, that you and I agree that cold blooded murder is evil. But still, you and I may qualify certain actions or deeds as evil that others may not.

Please show me the contradiction.

• 9 years ago

Strawman

• The problem with a omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenovelent God is contradictory with this real world we live in. If one does exist he is not those three things i mentioned above, he is most likely indifferent to us so why believe in a God.

• Fred
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

It makes perfect sense. Christians whine that their fairy is perfect. Yet, the world is not perfect. Christians do not blame their fairy for this failure, but blame the imperfect creation. The fact that the "creation" is so imperfect is clear evidence that the "creator" is nothing more than a fantasy fairy.

• 9 years ago

No, there is simply no evidence that any of the 1000's of mythical gods exists, so I do not believe in any of them.

Source(s): Common Sense
  • 9 years ago

Suffering Exists therefore omnibenevolent god doesn't exist.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.