How to decorate when we're not allowed to put anything on the walls?

My sorority is having a new house built, and I will be moving in this fall. Rumor is that we won't be allowed to hang anything on the walls--no tacks, not even 3M command. Assuming this is true, how should I decorate my room? The room is a small single with one single-wide window. Is there a way I could "fake" hanging things on the wall without actually attaching stuff to it or the ceiling? Or should I just make the rest of my room more bold so I don't need wall hangings?

Favorite Answer

3m command strips are completely harmless so that sucks if they really don't let you use them. But you could place pictures and artwork on top of your dresser or chest and lean it against the wall. Also get a tower stand to put your decor on. Hope this helps but I use command strips for everything and I had no problems. Good luck!

You can display tall sculptures on your desk or nightstand to give the illusion that it is on the wall. You can also put artwork on your desk or nightstand as well. Pillows can really add dimension to a bed and a rug is like artwork on the floor :)

• criado

hi pass over song fan Orange may be ok yet what approximately deep burgundy on one or 2 partitions and then a deep cream. this might look good with the pinewood. additionally the pictures might look good on those colorations alongside which incorporate your checklist covers. the curtains and bedding could be the two of those 2 colorations. desire this helps Sarah Cox

you could make an easel to lean against the wall

Vases, lamps, sculptures! Plus, maybe you can use tape.

throw pillows and a rug.