Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 9 years ago

i want to tell people i was raped???

i was raped almost four years ago and i want to tell a friend of mine about it but it seems kind of random and out of the blue for me to mention it..what should i do?

Well I told my friend I was molested. I said to her "I need to talk to u. We've been friends with u for a long time and I trust u." and then I told my story. It was hard to tell my family though but I told them last year. I told my friend in 2009. It's easier telling strangers because for one they don't care but u know it makes u feel better though. U know that phrase the weight on ur shoulder just drops once u tell well once I told my family I felt so relieved am I felt the weight drop. It was nice and awesome. So I'm getting off topic lol.

Keep the story factual. Ask if the other person wants to hear it. Be clear why you want to tell it.

Listen to your heart

you should really tell her.