J.K Rowling or Stephenie Meyers?

What BOOK series do you think is written better and has a better plot? Then do the same for the movie series...and please give good answers only about these two..don't say crap like Star Wars beets them both.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

J.K. Rowling pwns SMeyer on every level.

Harry Potter is about a young boy overcoming great obstacles with the help of an amazing cast of three dimensional characters. He, along with many others, manage to save the wizarding world from a supremacist and his followers. I got attached to these characters, cried when they died, laughed when they were funny, and felt for them during their most heartwarming and heartbreaking moments.

All Bella does is chase after Edward and go on and on about his looks. The plot is tacked on and doesn't make much sense. All of the characters are two dimensional and insufferable. By the time Breaking Dawn came I was actually hoping for some of the characters to die, but instead Meyer gave us a drawn out conversation between the Cullens and the Volturi.

All in all, Harry Potter will stay with me forever. Twilight should never have been published.

• 9 years ago

Of the two, Rowling is a lot better than Meyers. Meyers just Mary-Sue's "Twilight" to death and makes her characters too superhuman without balancing things. Superman has Kryptonite, but Meyers' vampires only sparkle in the sunlight.

That is not to say that Rowling is flawless. She has wonderful plots and pacing, but her explanations of how magic works is too limited. Jim Butcher and Robert Asprin do a lot better on all counts in their books- The Dresden Files and Myth books respectively.

• 9 years ago

Star Wars

Source(s): Somebody had to say it.
  • 9 years ago

J.K,Rowling as her writing is amazing. So are her characters, and

her ideas. Harry potter is just amazing. So are the movies . The acting is great, the directing... I just love it ! However, the host by Stephenie Meyer is also a great book :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

J.K Rowling. Love the books and the movies!

• 9 years ago

I'm not going to bother answering. Everyone knows which book is better written, which movie is better, even the Twilight fans. This question has been asked so much that it's just repetitive.

• 9 years ago

J. K. Rowling. No matter what. Stephanie Meyer's books are nonsense.

• 9 years ago

JK Rowling hands down

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

JK because her books are so intricate and well thought out. the smallest detail in her first books can turn into unexpectedly being a huge deal later. meyer is good too though

• 9 years ago

DEFIANTLY J.K Rowling.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.