My brother threatens suicide if he doesn't get what he wants?

My parents are on disability, we have a very low income of money and we don't even get by each month. We have to call our grandmas. My brother is 20 and if he doesn't get money for his drugs he cuts himself infront of my parents or tries to take pills. Latley its gotten bad, his girlfriend moved in with us and steals money from me and my parents, shes stolen my moms credit card 6 times and money from my piggy bank for my car several times. Its tearing my family apart, my parents are now both alcoholics, I see them cry every day, I watch them fight, And theyve been talking about a divorce recently, its all because of my brother. My parents refuse to baker act him or kick him out 'because they love him'. I've never hated someone so much in my life. I hate my brother. Hes making everyone depressed, hes stressing my parents out to the point they had to go to the emergency room. I never thought one person could ruin so many peoples lives. Every time he throws a fit for money and threatens suicide, I tell my parents I'm calling the cops. They say if i call the cops i'll be grounded and have everything taken away until they kick me out when i'm 18. What do I do? Please help. I don't want my mom and dad to separate, I want everyone to be happy. Please.

Favorite Answer

God bless you such a nice girl dear listen every one have problem in life i am totally understanding what is happening to you listen suicide is not easy and a person who take drugs and his parents are on disability what type of brother he is ,parents born you and make you both a perfect person so the way he is dealing is not right better to leave him on his own and please make your parents realize that a person on drug is no ones brother no ones son your are shoulders of your parents and you are best in this world just leave brother on his own and try to make parents realize that wasting money is not good for you any one and you are your parents son now because there other son is not a son any more.

(Please read your yahoo inbox also Thanks)

i'm sorry but i would call the cops anyway. you don't have to tell them you did it. just tell your parents a neighbor must have called. i understand well how a person's drug addiction an tear a family apart. your parents feel guilty b/c i'm sure he places the blame on them, but your brother has a problem and he needs to get help. if he is stealing then someone needs to press charges. if you don't then he's going to continue to do it. or your parents need to kick him out. he's 20 not 10. i he wants to kill himself slowly with drugs then you don't need to stand their and watch.

people who are addicted to drugs are very manipulative and selfish. the only way to help him is by not helping him get the drugs he needs. i would suggest talking to a counselor for you and your parents. you need to get control of your own lives before you can get help for him. you should watch the show intervention on A&E...it is very good and you may feel some solace knowing that you are not going through this alone.

Source(s): family member addicted to meth

i am so sorry to hear this! whatever happens in your life is not your fault, don't let it affect how you grow up and try your best for a decent job to maybe help your parents out, maybe it has come to the time where your brother and his girlfriend should move out :/ i was quite depressed a while back, and had suicidal and self harming thoughts and the only thing i can say is the only thing that helps is a stable environment, so ask, tell, beg your brother to go to the doctors and get anti depressants and start councelling! it'll help him loads! i can't tell you what do to, but i really think it would be good if you could ask your parents to stop drinking, it ruins lives if it gets out of hand.. my mum was an alcoholic and its had such a bad impact on me and my siblings, plus it would save a bit of money and help with a better environment for you :) i wish you all the best of luck chicken, things have a way of sorting themselves out one way or another, stay calm!

Source(s): experience

This story made me sad :( and when I was reading it I was wondering why don't they call the police but then I got to that part where your parents said they would ground you and take everything away, but ask yourself what's more important? being grounded and having things taken away from me or see my family happy. Your brother is having problems & making your lives miserable! He's trying to get attention by cutting himself. He should be trying to support the family emotionally and financially, does he have a job even? Just call the police, no one should being going through what you and your family are.

omg... to be in that what a mess,u need to hang in there,your the tuff and strong one it sounds like it and your parents need to do tough love on him and his girlfreind...what ever it may be... but sit down and talk to them tell them what there doing is hurting u and bringing u down too...sounds like they all need help.wow,if u call the cops they threated to ground u please,they wont ground u until eighteen they didnt ground your brother...for doing worse!