Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Atheists, why don't you have faith?

Atheists, why can't you people just have faith that God exists like most of you have faith in the Big bang Theory?

They've got me on the outside, looking in. But I can't see at all with the weight of the world on my shoulders.They just wanna see me fall

Have faith in me.

I said I'd never let you go, and I never did. I said I'd never let you fall and I always meant it. If you didn't have this chance then I never did. You'll always find me right there, again

Have faith.

• Rie
    Best Answer

It is a tiresome implication that atheists treat science as a religion. They don't.

Crazy people like me do.

I have a very pure faith in what i determind to be god. And please note that i have made the decisions and relfections myself without any interferrence.

I did not simply sit on my *** and waited for god to come to be in a pretty book and already packaged religion.

How can you have sincere faith in something that allows itself to be illogical and contradictory?

Religion is the worst offender against god in my opinion. Because it took god for granted. It created god in our image and not the other way around.

Ask yourself. Would the god of the bible, all knowing as he is, allow such disputes arise in his name? Would he allow his message to be so unclear?

Had the bible been writing by god i think there would be only two words in it: Compassion & Love.

• "Atheists, why can't you people just have faith that God exists like most of you have faith in the Big bang Theory?"

Because there is evidence for the former but not the latter!

"Have faith in me."

Have faith in an anonymous guy on the internet? You aren't by any chance a Nigerian Prince are you?

The big bang theory, which doesn't require faith, has supporting evidence. Your god has the claims of a contradictory and discredited book.

I'll stick with science.

Define faith.

I accept the Big Bang theory. Clearly from your statement you know nothing of the Big Bang.

Also many of us atheists were religious at one time so we are very familiar with cop-out excuse given by religious leaders.

"Oh have faith that loved one will pull through"

loved one dies

"Oh it is all part of gods plan"

"god works in mysterious ways"

• Dean

i don't have faith in anything. faith is the closed-minded pig-headed absolute refusal to look at evidence incase god punishes you for thinking. faith is beyond stupid. ignorance is the neutral point betwen intelligence and faith.

Think of this way -- there is no "down side" to believing in the myths children are told about... Santa, Easter Bunny, etc... So why not believe? After all, if you believe, you may get great gifts, right? Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that... "belief" is not something you can choose to do - you either do or you do not. Regardless of the benefits Christians have told me about, I can not force myself to believe in something that I do not believe in.

there is a ton of objective evidence for the big bang,

but there is no objective evidence for any god.

the big bang was theorized by a preist.

the difference between the big bang theory and the sermons you hear every sunday, is evidence.

• john

We don't have 'faith' in the big bang theory, its simply that the evidence we have shows us that it is likely to have occurred.

I bet you believe Jesus will come back sometime during your lifetime. There was a poll that shows 70% of Christians/ Catholics believe this very thing. These same ****** are dying everyday..THINK!! bible is full of contradictions

That's a nice emotional argument but it is basically meaningless to anyone with a modicum of common sense.