in how many days can i return to my home country to complete my studies after re-entering usa with green card?

THE MAIN QUESTION is in how many days can i come back to india after getting to usa(i have a green card)??? can i come back in a day if a want to because i still have a year of college left.

ALSO can someone tell me the procedure of filling an I-131 form and how long does it take for the form to be accepted.

1 day ago

CAN SOMEONE also tell me what kind of domicile proof i will have to bring????

1 day ago

3 Answers

  • pk
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Ohhhh you rich Indian kids with your new fangled green cards.

    If you want to stay in India with your Grandparents and friends, then do so.

    But your parents worked their butts off to get that green card so I'd suggest that you show some respect and embrace your new life in the States and get your education in the U.S. because you stand a very good and real chance of losing your green card by refusing to live in the States.

    Other posters may, but I will not give you information on how to circumvent immigration law.

    Live in the U.S. or live in India.

    Your choice.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    The I-131 takes about 90 days to get

    domicile proof for who

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

    If you have a Green Card, you need to establish residency in the U.S. That's exactly the stuff you will need to show when being asked by CBP. You should get a SS card, a U.S. driver's license. You'll need a place to live, so you need a rental contract or lease to show that you are indeed residing in the U.S. Without these documents, you are risking to have taken your Green Card away.

    An I-131 (reentry permit) is needed when you leave the U.S. for 1 year or longer. If you stay outside the U.S. for less than a year, it is not needed. Again, CBP will ask you to show that you are living ("residing") in the U.S. not in India. That's when you show SS card, driver's license rent, car ownership, insurances, etc., meaning documents somebody who lives in the U.S. would have.

    Source(s): The son of a German mother and a Swedish father, I have lived in 6 European countries before immigrating to Southern California two decades ago. I work as a corporate attorney in Santa Barbara and answering questions here is my way of giving back.
    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.