Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

The Romans had a god of wine. Do Christians have a god of moonshine?

For that matter, do Christians have a god of pork rinds, a god of pickup trucks, a god of shotguns, a god of chewing tobacco, a god of corn pone, a god of country music, a god of bib overalls, a god of missing teeth, a god of not bathing, a god of confederate flags, or a god of lynch mobs?

I mean, they're already trying to pretend that three gods are all actually the same god. I wouldn't put it past them to try to tack on about 50 more gods and pretend all 53 are really the same god.

Favorite Answer

No, but they have a god of whine.

• grnlow

Only false Christians do. Though can you see the Pope in his Gucci red shoes munching on pork rinds and moonshine? But it is much worse than just 3 or 53. See what Jesus said in prayer to Jehovah God, his Father, "but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word; 21 in order that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, in order that the world may believe that you sent me forth." (John 17:20-21) Right after his ascension, over 3,000 were added in one day. Later, thousands upon thousands were added. "Trinity" just is not enough room for that false teaching.

Rather, these are all separate individuals united in the same faith, ideas and goals. United as a father and son normally are.

• Tim C

Tain't right, tain't right at all - must be one them libral folks, thinks workin' fellers should have health care an' retarment, that's only meant fer rich people. Now you jest pass the jug an' give me a chaw of baccy, then git on back up thar to yankee land, you hear?

Ted Nugent

• Fred F

No. The distilleries make a 196 proof.

Down a shot of that and a hole gets burned in the bottom of your gut.

• Mike

Like most heathen cultures the Romans were polytheist ( belief in multiple Gods ) Christians are monotheist ( believe in one God) So to answer your question. No.

Just like the Jews have a god of the Manischevitz?

Have you completely run out of anything witty or relevant to contribute to the discussion, or is this insipidness the furthest your feeble mind reaches? In either case, I'm becoming a Christian if all atheists are as *smart* and *funny* as you.

• Athena

Nope.

In fact,

I am Yahweh your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourselves an idol, nor any image of anything that is in the heavens above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: you shall not bow yourself down to them, nor serve them, for I, Yahweh your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and on the fourth generation of those who hate me, and showing loving kindness to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Source(s): — Exodus 20:2-6

well, dang! the "54th" member of the divine clan, is

"Our Lady of Perpetual Mountain-Dooo-It-Anyhow".

she'll make's our days so fine,we could sop 'em up with a biscuit!

believe it -- n'REAP, Bud!

Source(s): been there'done that -- ready for more.
  • Robin

Probably not. There are saints that cover a lot of those things ;-)