Which European Adventure sounds the best?

My fiance and I are planning to take a trip to Europe next June after we both finish grad school. We are trying to decide between these two options. Which do you think we'll enjoy more? We like to experience a little bit of everything when we travel: outdoor scenery + activities (hiking, kayaking, beaches,... show more My fiance and I are planning to take a trip to Europe next June after we both finish grad school. We are trying to decide between these two options. Which do you think we'll enjoy more? We like to experience a little bit of everything when we travel: outdoor scenery + activities (hiking, kayaking, beaches, etc.), historic places, museums + notable architecture (we're both designers), and wonderful food, drinks, and local culture. (note: we're hoping for about 4-5 weeks of travel time)

Trip A: Spain, France, Switzerland, + Italy (round trip BCN)
Barcelona
French Riviera
Provence
Berner Oberland
Lucerne
Lake Como
Cinque Terre
Florence
Volterra
Rome
Sardinia (via ferry from Rome)
Bonifacio, Corsica (day trip via ferry from Sardinia)
Barcelona (via ferry from Sardinia)

Trip B: France, Germany, + Switzerland (round trip Paris)
Paris
Versailles
Giverny
Normandy
Mont St. Michel
Colmar
Strasbourg
Rhine River Valley Cruise (~4-7 days)
Berner Oberland
Lucerne
Zumthor Baths (Vals)
Zurich
Paris

As you can see, we know we want to go to Switzerland but we're stuck deciding on the rest. We've both been to Paris and Barcelona before but love each city and want to return to one of them. My fiance's been to Germany (Munich + Berlin) and Italy (Rome + Florence) but I haven't been to either. All the other places are new to us! Do you think one would be much more expensive than the other or would they be about the same? Will June weather be drastically different in Trip A vs. Trip B?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions!
4 answers 4