Which European Adventure sounds the best?

My fiance and I are planning to take a trip to Europe next June after we both finish grad school. We are trying to decide between these two options. Which do you think we'll enjoy more? We like to experience a little bit of everything when we travel: outdoor scenery + activities (hiking, kayaking, beaches, etc.), historic places, museums + notable architecture (we're both designers), and wonderful food, drinks, and local culture. (note: we're hoping for about 4-5 weeks of travel time)

Trip A: Spain, France, Switzerland, + Italy (round trip BCN)

Barcelona

French Riviera

Provence

Berner Oberland

Lucerne

Lake Como

Cinque Terre

Florence

Volterra

Rome

Sardinia (via ferry from Rome)

Bonifacio, Corsica (day trip via ferry from Sardinia)

Barcelona (via ferry from Sardinia)

Trip B: France, Germany, + Switzerland (round trip Paris)

Paris

Versailles

Giverny

Normandy

Mont St. Michel

Colmar

Strasbourg

Rhine River Valley Cruise (~4-7 days)

Berner Oberland

Lucerne

Zumthor Baths (Vals)

Zurich

Paris

As you can see, we know we want to go to Switzerland but we're stuck deciding on the rest. We've both been to Paris and Barcelona before but love each city and want to return to one of them. My fiance's been to Germany (Munich + Berlin) and Italy (Rome + Florence) but I haven't been to either. All the other places are new to us! Do you think one would be much more expensive than the other or would they be about the same? Will June weather be drastically different in Trip A vs. Trip B?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions!

Favorite Answer

My vote would go to A...I think Spain would be more interesting than Germany specially to a couple of designers who are a bit interested in museums, historic places and outdoor scenery. Plus I needn't speak about the architecture, it can speak for itself! :)

I would say B.

My husband lived in Germany for many years and I have visited. It's so beautiful. I want to switzerland, lichenstien, and Austria. Of course my husband has been all around Europe while living in Germany. God I wanna go back. After my husband graduates we are moving. Probably going to stay in the states, but our goal is Germany. Me being 21 and him 25 we got plenty of time.

Italy+Barcellona vs Paris+some Germany? I would say Italy for ever.

My favorite place in France-Provence!!I would love to live there,not only to go on a holiday.I think Corsica Island is very nice to see as well.