Should I buy a 1998 Toyota Tacoma with 282,000 miles on it ?

• Kenton
    Favorite Answer

I am a HUGE Toyota fan. I had a '91 for 12 years and I now own a 2001 Tacoma. There is no WAY you should buy that car unless they are practically giving it to you. I am talking I would not pay more than $500. Try to get them down to about $200 and you have a good deal. Here is why:

Tacomas from 1995 to 2000 models were recalled due to rusting frames. Nearly 800,000 of these vehicles were junked and now are either crushed or sitting in a junkyard. The issue is that the frame could break into two pieces!!

That, combined with the fact that the miles are so high that the engine could go anytime makes this truck practically worthless. But I would still roll the dice if my initial investment was 200 bucks.

Not unless you plan on jumping it or entering it in a derby of some sort. 300,000 miles is when it is going to be in intensive care and become a money pit. I don't care how much the Toyota fan boys love their trucks it is not reasonable to expect a truck with that many miles to be reliable.

no....way to many ---- miles

Source(s): my husband the mechanic

Would sex in it be comfortable ?

well i cant see the price the website. the miles are extremely high. but the truck is not a bad one though. ,

if you buy this, better be ready to pull the engine tranny out and rebuild them. along with transfer case if it has one.