Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 8 years ago

Why do I get so many yeast infections? ?

Im not sexually active. But it seems like one after the other!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi monica,

There seems to be alot of idiots giving you misinformation here. Its important that you are go seek medical attention which I would recommend. However first you need to understand why this is happening in the first place so you can avoid it in the future. A yeast infection is caused by overgrowth of candida (yeast) in your body. As of right now diet is your main defense against candida (yeast), but you will more than likely have to give up a number of your favorite foods, sugary foods and drinks. Once you have gotten your yeast overgrowth under control you can than introduce some of these foods back into your diet, but always limit your intake of any food that feeds yeast, like alcohol, sugar and diet sweeteners. Permanently remove all toxic food chemicals and highly processed food products. For now you should do the following:

1. Choose cotton underwear and do not wear tight trousers (Moulds love warm, dark spaces with limited airflow).

2. Avoid damp environments where airborne moulds are ever-present.

3. Exercise everyday to relieve stress. Aerobic exercise is especially useful in treating candida as Candida and other fungi do not thrive in a high-oxygen environment. Also, fresh air and regular exercise have a positive effect on immunity.

4. Cut all foods containing yeast including bread, pizza, crackers, pastries, muffins, mushrooms and ferments like soy sauce, cheese, tomato paste, beer and vinegar.

5. Avoid refined carbohydrates as they are known to have a depressant effect on the immune system.

6. Get organic coconut oil which cost about $5-7 dollars from a health food store and take 2 tablespoons of it every morning. It will help give relief from the inflammation caused by yeast (candida), externally and internally to your body.

7. Get apple cider vinegar RAW. I would recommend the one from a company called Bragg's which is about $6 dollars. Take 2 tablespoons of it the moment you wake up from bed and before you go to sleep. It helps encourage the growth of healthy bacteria, which in turn minimizes the overgrowth of candida and balances your body's pH level.

8. Eat lots of leafy Green Veg's every time you are hungry.

9. Get probiotics supplement which cost about 20-30 dollars. Use as directed

10. AVOID ALL SUGAR BASED FOODS

This will starve the candida and reduce you inflammation so the when you see the doctor he will be able to help you recover more quickly. But please this will require effort on your part and since you did take action by seeking help I know you can do what i suggested above . I can tell you from personally experience that this WORKS because I have done this myself

Source(s): Also I highly recommend that you search yeast infection treatment by eric bakker who is the leading authority/expert on topic of yeast infection. Visit his site, he has a full candida crusher program to help you crush candida forever.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Cure Yeast Infection Naturally - http://YeastCure.trustdd.com/?eIZZ
  • 5 years ago

Unique Yeast Infection System : http://YeastCured.com/

• 8 years ago

It is recognized that antibiotics contribute to yeast overgrowth because they upset the balance of the intestinal micro flora by killing the friendly bacteria , but antibiotics is not the only reason yeast get out of control. Alcohol, chlorinated water, MSG, nitrates, sulfates and excess consumption of sugar.

A yeast/fungal detox and modify the diet to stop feeding the yeast might be a good help to get rid of it so it wont come back.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why do I get so many yeast infections? ?

Im not sexually active. But it seems like one after the other!

Source(s): yeast infections: https://tinyurl.im/GnydH
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

are you taking antibiotics a lot? that's what causes my yeast infections. go to your doctor and request the terconazole vaginal cream - IT WORKS WONDERS. maybe you have had the same infection for a while and it keeps growing back because you never really got rid of it.

• 8 years ago

Food Therapy:

"get off sugars and fermented foods," says Elson Haas, M.D., director of the Preventive Medical Center of Marin in San Rafael, California, and author of Staying Healthy with Nutrition. "These foods cause an overgrowth of yeast in the intestinal tract, which manifest into yeast infection." He recommends eliminating all refined sugars, breads and other baked, alcohol, caffeine and vinegar.

Also, according to Dr. Haas, scientific research shows that some women find relief by eating yogurt containing acidophilus, which are friendly bacteria. "Adding yogurt to your diet helps when the yogurt contains acidophilus, which reduces yeast infections," adds Dr. Haas. He recommends one to two cups of acidophilus-containing yogurt every day for these or four days.

Juice Therapy:

Women may be able to speed the healing of yeast infections and to prevent recurrence with daily doses of cranberry or blackberry juice ,according to Elaine Gillaspie, N.D., a naturopathic physician in Portland, Oregon.

If you can't find fresh or frozen berries. "be sure to use unsweetened cranberry concentrate, not bottled cranberry juice, since most brands are loaded with sugar or corn syrup, which encourage the buildup of yeast," she cautions.

And because even fresh berry juice are rich in natural fruit sugars, she suggests diluting four ounces of juice with an equal amount of water to get an eight-ounce serving. She also recommends juicing a clove of fresh garlic and adding it to your vegetable juices.

"Nothing prevents yeast overgrowth as well as garlic does," says Dr. Gillaspie.

Vitamin and Mineral Therapy:

Take more vitamin C, says Elson Haas, M.D., director of the Preventive Medical Center of Marin in San Rafael, California, and author of Staying Healthy with Nutrition. "Yeast grows better in an alkaline environment, and vitamin C is acidic, so it helps reduce the yeast." He recommends taking between 500 and 2000 milligrams daily in supplement form.

Source(s): NEW CHOICES in NATURAL HEALING PREVENTION Magazine Health Books
  • 8 years ago

Make sure you wipe front to back and keep the area clean. Cotten underwater helps to. Also eating alittle yoghurt every day helps regulate the bacteria down there, from what I have heard it really helps. Some people are just more susceptible to them, well good luck

• 8 years ago

Pee after you masterbate and wash yourself well if you know what I mean. My cousin told me she had the same situation and she told me that when she started doing that it was better. Good luck?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.