Do I owe money to Illinois Department of Revenue?

I am an international student and studied in Illinois. I worked part time at school in 2010. According to my w2 form my wages was $ 5832. Federal Income tax withheld was $115.

State Income tax was $165.

My federal tax returns was accepted but state tax rejected. I am planning to re file my state taxes.I would like to know If i owe any state tax...

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you..

PS: I am single and have no family in the USA.

2 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Using Turbo Tax to compute your tax liability, I calculated a refund of $561.00 for your Federal Return and that you owe the State of Illinois $5.00.

    How does that compare to your calculations?

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

    When filing my state taxes, do I have to summit my Federal 1040 form?

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.