Do we have a right? is this ok for them too do? random checks for weed?

ok so me and my husband have medical cards to smoke marijuana and he decided to grow a plant so he can stop buying and save more money..we are not selling we were doing it for us. we live at an apartment and we sometimes ask the manager to come and fix our stuff like the sink or bathtub..but this time she looked in... show more ok so me and my husband have medical cards to smoke marijuana and he decided to grow a plant so he can stop buying and save more money..we are not selling we were doing it for us. we live at an apartment and we sometimes ask the manager to come and fix our stuff like the sink or bathtub..but this time she looked in to our closet door in the kitchen opened it and saw the plant. so the thing is why the hell is she snooping around!! and her excuse was she thought it was a candle lit..and i said who the hell would put a candle in a closet with the doors closed seriously..i dont like the fact that she whent in and looked around that was the only way she found out we only needed her to fix the bath tub.and we smoke outside in the balcony not indoors and only at night when our kids are sleep. and then we go straight to bed right after..i use it for back pain and major stress. he uses it because he had gotten hit by a car with his bicycle and his back and neck hurt at times..he didnt want to take any pills that put him to sleep when the weed can also do that and you can't die from it. any way so now she told us to get rid of it. And WE DID but she didnt say anything about smoking it. so they want to do random checks to see if we are growing any plants again.