?
Lv 5
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Will President Obama reimburse the government for Michelle's $467,585 vacation to Spain?

It cost taxpayers nearly a half-million dollars for first lady Michelle Obama to travel to Spain in 2010, according to an analysis by Judicial Watch.

The right-leaning watchdog group estimated that the trip cost $467,585. It based its analysis on documents obtained from the U.S. Secret Service and the U.S. Air Force.

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said it took his group “two years and a lawsuit to get these documents out of the Obama administration.”

“It is hypocritical for President Obama to fire GSA officials for wasteful conference spending, while his family went on a luxury vacation in the Costa del Sol Spain that cost taxpayers nearly half a million dollars,” Fitton said.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Wow that's disgusting. And people are always saying "Oh the obamas are so down to Earth." Yeah right.

@liberal

lmao. It's racist to point out how much of our taxpayer dollars the first lady squandered on a vacation??!!

I might be racist when I say she looks like King Kong, but not when people point out facts.

• 9 years ago

Laura Bush went on African safari with her daughters and charged it to official business. Every cent of it.

And someone mentioned Malia Obama's trip to Mexico. That was a class trip, all her classmates went. I would have to be President and have to consider telling my kid, I don't care if your whole class is going, somebody will complain if YOU go on the trip.

• 9 years ago

No nor Malia's Mexican Spring break, he did however offer to reimburse some secret service agents for keeping their mouth shut, with tax payer money of course

Source(s): Paul Grass, PhD, Verminologist Level 7 YA user/if in doubt check the level out May God bless you ,the USA and may God keep us safe from the progressive axis of evil;0bama,Pelosi & Reid
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Judicial Watch are clueless morons. And I have to assume that you are kidding, unless YOU TOO are a clueless moron?

Since 1914, when the FIRST "Airforce One" was designated, there have been a FLEET of aircraft operating full-time, fully-staffed with full Security Details (admittedly getting a little more sophisticated with each passing generation) for 24/7/365...

Whether Mrs. Obama had gone to Spain or not, the cost to taxpayers would have been EXACTLY THE SAME...

So either you KNOW that, and are "trolling", or you are an ignorant fool...."Judicial Watch" are not STUPID, they just make most of their money from folks who are!...

Source(s): There is a REASON it took Tom Fitton two years to learn this information....he really is THAT DUMB... It's the same reason Obama has been able to distract conservatives for 5 years with the "Obama is a Kenyan" story that he or his people came up with.....sadly, MANY conservatives are just that "gullible".... (And before you rush to tell me, yes I KNOW that "gullible" is a word made up by J K Rowling for her 'Harry the Potter' books and isn't in any dictionary [yet!], but I think we ALL know what is meant by it!)
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Right after Laura Bush reimburses tax payers for her trip to Africa with Jenna and Barbara, her daughters.

Suck on this:

"During Bush’s two terms, the cost of operating Air Force One ranged from $56,800 to $68,000 an hour. Bush used Air Force One 77 times to go to his ranch in Crawford, TX. Using the low end cost of $56,800, Media Matters calculated that each trip to Crawford cost taxpayers $259,687 each time, and $20 million total for Bush’s ranch flights."

• 9 years ago

Calling someone a racist because they disagree with this president is very small minded.

• 9 years ago

You know that liberals really don't care even if it cost ten times that. They are interested in controlling others. Money is transient.

• 9 years ago

wow, talk about a racist, its not a vacation she was there for work, doing OFFICIAL functions and i guarantee you that she did at least 1 OFFICIAL thing per day to pass it off on to the tax payer, what she does on her spare time between government functions is up to her, so its all 100% legit and everyone knows it.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

fix news says her vacation costs $2 billion an hour

• 9 years ago

no he won't and he will get away with it because that is how PC America is.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.