is it true if you take a cops badge that there not a cop anymore and your the cop?

Favorite Answer

I have never seen such a complete mass of sheer stupidity in my life. For you and all the answerers , no, that is about the most ridiculous idea anyone ever uttered. In the first place, I got a dollar to a dog biscuit you don 't even know what a cop's badge is.. If you say the shiny thing on his chest (insert loud buzzer sound) you are wrong. That is his shield or tin, it is merely a symbol of his authority.. HIs actual badge is a card with his picture that he carries in a badge case with a shield. That is his commission card. The shield is totally meaningless without that card. the only way you can legally be a cop is to get hired and go through an academy and complete it with satisfactory grades.

Source(s): Former deputy sheriff/corporal
    • oscar3 years agoReport

No! you are wrong! Ive read on multiple sources that you can become a cop if you take the badge. Thats how most cops become cops, maybe you should research more before you try to sound smart and insult people!!

• Erika

Cop Badge

If you take a cop's badge, they'll retaliate with force. You could lose a couple teeth by doing this. Or, you could wake up in the hospital with bruises all over your body, a couple broken bones, and a cop claiming that you tripped and fell over.

yeah that's how all new cops become cops in the first place. It's like backwards tag with badges.........

I'm it!!!!

Yes we know Starlord---we were making fun of the poster.

Sure,I know a friend who did it and he was thrown a parade.Also,after about a month he went to the sheriffs home took his badge,and he became a sheriff.Last I heard he went to columbia dressed as a prostitute saying something about getting a badge from the secret service.

I agree with the answer above me. Of course not! Try that and you could be arrested for various reasons. If you want to be a cop, become one, legally.

If you're at the zoo and you take a banana from an ape, does that make you an ape? I'd say in this case it probably does

That's what I do.

Yes! I've done this three times, and after I got their badges, I arrested them and they couldn't arrest me for DWI.