A major that will help me get into med school?

I am going to go into a premed program, hoping to eventually become an OBGYN. Schools suggest that you major in something you love, not just biology. I love nursing, and have about 14 credits already from nursing classes I took through JMU when I was in high school. Some people say though that being an RN actually... show more I am going to go into a premed program, hoping to eventually become an OBGYN. Schools suggest that you major in something you love, not just biology. I love nursing, and have about 14 credits already from nursing classes I took through JMU when I was in high school. Some people say though that being an RN actually decreases your chances when applying to medical schools. Is this true?
I love nursing, but I don't want to be a nurse for forever. A main reason why I wanna major in it, is so that incase I don't get into medical school the first year or two I apply, I can till make some good money being a nurse and help me pay for college and not go in major debt. But if I do this will it screw me when it comes to medical school?
Thanks for your opinions