Does JJ sound like a girly name?

My girl friends all call me JJ...does it sound too girly?

Also, since the already call me JJ as a nickname (don't even know when that started), would it be ideal to get a middle name that starts with a J?

BTW only my first name begins with J...

BTW I'm a 16 year old guy

I don't have a middle name, and my last name doesn't start with J, so I really don't know where it came from, but it just did and it spreaded amongst them lol

The other J doesn't stand for anything really...the friend that started it said it sounded cool then it spread to her sister (one of my best friends) and spread to everyone else :P

Favorite Answer

I think it sounds fine, and there have been several (somewhat) prominent athletes over the past few years who have gone by JJ -- JJ Hardy (SS for the Orioles); JJ Putz (Reliever/Closer for the Diamondbacks); and, JJ Barea (PG for the Timberwolves).

What is more important, is if the nickname really makes you feel uncomfortable, you should let your girlfriend know and ask that she come up with another nickname.

Well, most JJs I've seem are girls, however I've also seem some guys being called JJ too and. I don't think it's too girly.

Don't worry about it, just find out what does that other J stands for, just to make sure its not something like Jerk, haha.

Jay jay is a guy name. Havent you ever seen the show 'Jayjay the Jetplane'? Well its a stupid show but the point here being, it is a guy name

• One of my buddies goes by JJ, and he is BUILT. No one here makes fun of him for it.

• DJ

Doesnt sound girly at all.

More like a Gay name.

• Trisha

No lol

It could be either.