Matt asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 8 years ago

What did The Tennesse Valley Authority Act do?

Favorite Answer

The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) is a federally owned corporation in the United States created by congressional charter in May 1933 to provide navigation, flood control, electricity generation, fertilizer manufacturing, and economic development in the Tennessee Valley, a region particularly affected by the Great Depression.

TVA's service area covers most of Tennessee, portions of Alabama, Mississippi, and Kentucky, and small slices of Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia. It was the first large regional planning agency of the federal government and remains the largest. Under the leadership of David Lilienthal ("Mr. TVA"), TVA became a model for America's governmental efforts to modernize Third World agrarian societies.

I hope this help.(:

Fan me, so I may be able to help you in the future.(:

The TVA was a Congressional charter in 1933 that created navigation, water conservation and generated electricity and many other things

It managed water resources in the area.