Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 years ago

What is it about Eli Manning that doesn't earn him more respect?

They guy led his team ON THE ROAD through the playoffs to win conference championships in Green Bay and San Francisco, and then on to TWO Super Bowl victories! Both times against the heavily favored Patriots. Yet his brother gets more respect, Tom Brady has the Supermodel wife, and all anybody can talk about in New York is Tim Tebow. What is it about Eli Manning that makes the guy so vanilla?

• Favorite Answer

The same thing I've been saying about Eli for years- he's a good quarterback in a great situation- lots of help from his awesome receivers and coaching.

The Giants were one loss shy of not even making the playoffs last season; and would have been home had the Cowboys OR Eagles won one more game. Eli had great stats last season; but so did Tony Romo; and he still has legions of doubters.

Eli wasn't good enough to prevent the Giants from losing 5 out of 6 games in November and December. In a win against the Jets he completed something like 9 of 28 passes. Then the Giants get hot at the right time again and win another Super Bowl. How they did that still somewhat baffles me. When will Eli consistently put a good season together?

The Giants' Super Bowl win was a team effort. There is a tremendous chemistry on that team that shines in big games- a quality I wish my Cowboys had.

To say Eli won the Super Bowl is a discredit to the Giants coaches and Eli's offensive and defensive teammates.

Eli Manning is a very good quarterback. But he's behind Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Ben Roesthlisberger, Phillip Rivers, and, yes, Tony Romo on my list.

It's because the jets are attention seeking hogs, with a high school drama-esque locker room, a loud mouth coach and of course the whole Tebow circus. Just seems like the giants players including Eli don't care for such things.

It's his numbers. If you look at what he has done statistically for his career, it's anything but good, and is more like average. Completes less than 60% of his passes, and has twice broken the franchise record for turnovers in a season, both coming within the last 5 years, and every good season that he has, is followed by a bad 1. If anything, he's consistently inconsistent. If he could string together a couple of seasons like last year, I think people would change their opinion about him. But until he does, they won't.

• hamdan

The Giants purely executed an stunning sport this night. I surely think of that this night of all nights Eli Manning surely stepped out of his brothers shadow. each and every sport he's performed because of the fact the Giants made the wild card slot has earned my understand. Him and his group somewhat wanted it and he confirmed that he has the skill to lead his group precise to the place he desires them to be to make those sport triumphing factors. Congrats Eli you deserved the MVP

Gee Dallas Fan, it's ok to be bias, but give him some respect.

He couldn't win 5 of the 6 games they lost? Maybe because his O-line sucked the entire year with a 27th ranked defense and a last ranked run game.

The reason he doesn't earn more respect is for 2 reasons:

1. He's Peyton's younger brother

2. He's not a 'sexy" quarterback.

He's not going to put up 40+ Touchdowns and 5000 yard seasons. That stuff is great, but he's more concerned with winning games for his team. You won't really see him "fired" up, he's just not like that. Sure he make look goofy at times, but at the end of the day, he's a winner.

"The New York Giants just won a championship, yet I'm still the third-most talked about quarterback in my own city."

Pretty tough to disagree with him.

he's playing in New York city thats why.. plus tebow and the jets lately

He's had a few spurts where he's played great but alot of the time in the regular season he's been mediocre at best.

He's the biggest loser I've ever seen. I don't know what it is about him, but i just hate him.

he looks like a phukin dork........i dont care what he does on the field he has no swagg