I got a ticket for both both my car windows?

I was driving in Fort Lee, NJ heading to New York and I got pulled over for having my two front windows tinted. He gave me a ticket for EACH window. On the ticket it says Front Driver and on the other Front Passenger. Is that right?

AND, btw, I am asking if the tickets are correct. I do not want to get into the whole debate "Tints in the front are illegal" or the "You deserve it" speech. I just want to know if this cop was being an a-whole because I drove a blue STI and just wanted to piss me off.

I drove for two years in a black civic si coupe with 5 percent tint all around in Jersey City and NEVER once did I get pulled over. I had police officers next to me at red lights tell me to roll down my windows because they wanted to know where I got my tints done because it looks so clean. I have an STI now and still they don't care. But I was in Fort Lee for 15 minutes right before the tolls and they pulled me over. Was this cop being a d-bag or what? Can i do any counter actions against him, e.g. discrimination or something?

PS. I HATE cops. and don't say"what if this happened... or you'd want the police to help if..." I was mugged in high school by 9 teenagers, they took my money, beat me down, kicked me while I was on the ground, spat at me.I was in the hospital for 2 days. This all happened at 3:30PM after school four blocks away. When the cops came, yeah they ran. But the police didnt do anything to put them in juvie or anything or follow up. They told me to file a police report and start my own investigation by talking to the principal of the schools to get the names and info and addresses of the kids. Cops are all tools. Heres a link why

http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=messag...

Sorry, went off on a tangent. BACK to the Fort Lee issue. Was this cop being a d-bag? Can i fight this in court. Each ticket is $55 bucks.

WOW, it depends on my attitude? I wanted to know if what he did was correct. Now it depends on his mood? how he's feeling? if I am a sweet angel when I address his. He is a cop=dousche. I want to know if he can legally give me a ticket for each side. Why not give tickets like "upper half of front driver, lower half front driver, left quarter upper driver front window" I want to make him look like an idiot if he was wrong giving me a ticket for each side.

I love how Starlord addressed only the Ttaser issue haha. I guess everything else was true. Any comment on going thru red lights or turning flashing lights to go to a pizzeria in traffic? Because I guess you addressed my ORIGINAL question of whether the ticket was issued correctly. not of the political correctness of my link. If you want, I am still in touch with some teachers at my high school who would not mind to educate you in reading since you have so much free time on your hand since you are retired.

Thank you myke_cyndy you answered my question. And to user "R" yeah, they get so hung up on power it's sickening.

Favorite Answer

new jersey you can not tint your side windows or your wind shied

Windshield: No tint is allowed on the windshield.

Front Side Windows: No tint can be applied legally to this window

so the cop was doing his job i live in new jersey and the state troopers will eve tell you it is against the law to have the side drive side and the side passenger side windows tinted cause they need to see in for there safety

You are an idiot, and your silly-a**ed link is an insult. You know nothing of police work, but you are going to judge officers . For your information, once the power for a TASER is cut off, the person is fully functional immediately, anyone that plays the incapacitated person, is acting, making people think the police have injured him. If you wonder why i say this, it is because I am TASER trained, and have taken the full five-second ride. Anyone who believes the cr@p in that article is dumber than a bag of hair. You deserved the tickets, and they are legal, as each window is a separate violation. I am sorry you had a spot of trouble when you were a kid, but hey, s**t happens. I had an arm broken once and was shot in the eye with a BB gun, and it didn't screw me up. Life is rough, bug wit. get used to it. You are the kind of d**k that hollers for the cops if you feel put upon, Next time you are in trouble, call a drug dealer. I used to have to talk nice to pricks like you, it was department policy, But now I am retired, so I can call a spade a spade, and not an agricultural implement. I wish I could talk to you directly and explain why we do the things we do, that you feel are so terrible. Don 't talk to me about police tactics until you know what you are talking about.

Source(s): Former deputy sheriff/corporal
  • Me

If your attitude with the cop was anything like the attitude in your question, it is no surprise at all you got two tickets.

Yes, it depends on your attitude. The purpose of traffic enforcement is to obtain compliance. If you tell the officer tint is OK in New Jersey, or that you should be allowed tint because you got beat up, of course you are going to get a ticket.

Your attitude is probably the same reason you got beat up. I don't even know you and I'd like to slap you.

• Ben K

I have to admit, I admire Starlord a little bit more everyday. And no the cop wasn't being a d-bag just because he was doing his job. You got a ticket good job now pay for it because you broke the law

Well, it is illegal, and you know it. You apparently just happen to get away with it in NJ.

On a side note, I also am against giving people so much power, because there will always be abuse involved.

• Bruce

That seems unusual, but legal.

If you remove the tint and show up in court, it is quite possible the judge will dismiss or reduce the tickets.

Source(s): Law enforcement since 1991

You probably got two tickets cause of your attitude.

Next time you get pulled over keep your mouth shut and only say yes sir or no sir.

• Carole

yeah you get a room with no window