Why do Atheists??????????

Why do Atheists stay on yahoo answers all day and night trying to convince a few theists to be atheists, is it that they have no life or do they feel more intelligent by doing so. Does it kill them inside that ppl believe in something else or that ppl find no logic in the theory that there was nothing & nothing happened to nothing & then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything & then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason which then turned into dinosaurs. Are they're lifes so miserable and they have nothing better to do.

• Nous
    Favorite Answer

Why do BAD Chrsitians ask questions like this when they are the ones who are actually causing all the damage to Chrsitianity and driving people away from God?

Why are you so ignorant of what an atheist is?!

More to the point if you do not know what an atheist is why are you so intolerant, hate filled, bigoted and persecuting towards them?!

ATHEIST - someone who does not believe in a God – any God – not just the Christian one. But that does not mean they do not hold strong moral or religious beliefs! They can follow any religion that does not have a god and there are a lot of those!

Like BUDDHISM – Religious teaching from Buddha and his followers that by destroying greed, hatred and delusion (the cause of all suffering) man can attain perfect enlightenment!

Anti atheism is doing so much damage to Christianity that it is in reality anti Christianity – David Manley

It takes in reality only one to make a quarrel. It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favour of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion. - William Ralph Inge.

Why so blind to what causes the backlash against christianity?

ALL the other religions and atheists live in peace and are ONLY attacked by BAD christians which causes all GOOD christians to despair at the damage they do!

Up until about 40 years back Christianity was thriving and there was no conflict with others but in just those few short years the modern christians have become intolerant, hate filled, bigoted and persecuting resulting in a growing backlash against christianity and causing christianity to loose over ten percent in less than a decade with the loss accelerating!

The self destruction of Christianity is underway and the only thing that can stop it is to abandon the terrible human emotions, seek to rediscover the idea of a loving god and act like it!

Posts like yours that drive people further away from God are driving you towards hell.

So who are you working for the devil or the antichrist because it sure ain't the loving god!

I actually come here to answer questions about atheists, and to inform people in areas where they are ignorant and I am not. This is, after all, Yahoo! Answers, and not Yahoo! theist hangout.

I am always open to valid arguments from intelligent people. Your statement of "nothing & nothing happened to nothing & then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything & then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason which then turned into dinosaurs" is somewhat comical and generally misleading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

Please note the lack of the word "nothing". Also note that the Big Bang theory says nothing about the creation of life nor the evolution of species.

"Are they're lifes so miserable and they have nothing better to do."

'their' is the proper word to use in this instance. http://www.theretheyretheir.com/

People who believe in magic and take the mythology of the ancient Middle East seriously have an actual effect on the real world, and not a healthy one. Religion is a disease which has afflicted humanity far longer than it should, and someone has to point this out.

Also, we try to provide free English tutoring as a public service, since so many believers obviously need it.

On that note:

"Atheists" should not be capitalized unless it starts a sentence - it is not a proper noun.

There is no such word as "ppl."

"Yahoo! Answers" is a proper noun and should be capitalized.

Using an "&" is not proper usage in normal writing.

"They're" is a contraction of "they are."

The proper plural of life is "lives."

And your entire attempt at describing the atheist stance in the latter part of your question was an abject and juvenile strawman argument.

• ?

First of all, plenty of Christians accept the theory of evolution and the Big Bang. The Vatican accepts it, the revered theologian Dr. William Lane Craig accepts it, don't go off calling it impossible, maybe it was all god willed, a question of not why, but how.

Many atheist just get laughs from it. You see more hate speech from theist then you do atheist, but the atheist are the most annoying. Truthfully, Christians make me feel like a piece of crap, so don't even go off saying atheist tick you off.

I lurk in this section to give serious answers when needed, and I give wise-crack answers to the the theist theist that try to get to the atheist. A lot of theist on this site actually want all of the atheist on this section. I'm an atheist, and yes, my life is as miserable hell, which is where all you people ever tell me where I'm going. I don't believe in hell, try someone telling you you're going to a place you don't believe in over and over again, again, and again, and again. "You're going to Hogwarts, you're going to Hogwarts, you're going to Hogwarts, you're going to Hogwarts, you're going to Hogwarts." Gets annoying doesn't it.

I wouldn't say all of the atheist on here that you're referring to have no lives. I'm sure some do, but probably they might have iphones or something and instead of having a facebook they come on here.

Here's your magic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH9UvnrARf8

Youtube thumbnail

enjoy :)

• reme_1

We are not trying to convince anyone of anything; you guys are all brainwashed.

We are trying to defend ourselves from the ignorant bashing we take every day from people who can't think for themselves but spout the words taught to them from sunaday school.

There is nothing magical about evolution-- changes take place - thru necessity and changing environment-- over millions of years.

If you want to call something magical and nonsensical, look at religion. Even at 8 years old I knew it wa all BS. Being around people who actually believe in those stories just confirmed my ideas.

Actually I do not do that. If a person asks an honest question I answer. I do not want them to abandon thier faith at all. I just do not want to be scrutinized. That is all nothing more nothing less. But in the other hand im agnostic not Athiest but you pile us all in the same boat anyhow so.

• What gave you the idea we wanted you to be atheists? We just want to cause enough doubt so you keep your delusion to yourself. When self righteous believers are sooooo sure their imaginary friend exists, they think they have the right to impose their delusion onto everyone else. Your disrespectful and intolerant religion caused atheists to have a stigma attached to them, so shut thy pie hole. Don't include us in such a derogatory way in your delusion if you don't what us to say "screw you and your intolerant belief system". You painted atheists as the "wicked" ones and then you freakin whine about it. Are you that dense where you can't see WTF is going on. You can't treat people like that for no reason and then expect them to welcome with open arms your disrespectful religion.

I come here for a few laughs after a long day.

• Evan

I don't know about the other atheists, but I get paid per de-conversion.

$50 a pop. Sweet.

i think its fun to them i mean if i started trashing a religion and its god wouldnt you a religious person get upset and what are you going to insult? nothing?