Why do guys say weird random stuff?

I met this guy a couple of weeks ago. The conversation is okay and we get along. I'm not sure about the prospects of a relationship, but we've been chatting online, talking on the phone and texting. Out of nowhere, he comes up with these weird things...Tonight he messaged me that he was at the gym and all... show more I met this guy a couple of weeks ago. The conversation is okay and we get along. I'm not sure about the prospects of a relationship, but we've been chatting online, talking on the phone and texting.
Out of nowhere, he comes up with these weird things...Tonight he messaged me that he was at the gym and all the cute guys turned him on. ??? I was creeped out because I don't know if he's bi-sexual or if he was kidding around.
I don't know him well enough to assume anything and it's only been a couple weeks since we've been talking. If i joke around with him about something, he IMs me "loser LOL" and then counteracts it with a flirt.
He's 35 (I'm 32) and I'm not sure if he's just socially awkward or why he's throwing out random comments that are strange.
How can I say it nicely that since we just met, I'm not too hot on his strange and friendly texts, if they are just jokes.
Or maybe he doesn't know how to talk to a woman??? What should I think or say about this?