Maternity leave and Vacation Pay?

My employer does not qualify for FMLA but my employer says I can take 6 weeks off no pay.

Can I take the 6 weeks off and then also use my Vacation pay or is this up to the employer?

All I know is that we do offer the 6 weeks off for maternity leave but can I also add vacation on top of that or will they consider my maternity leave part of my vacation pay?

Favorite Answer

You will have to talk to your employer about this. As far as I know, you can choose to take your vacation pay while on leave or decide to take the leave without pay. Also, your employer has to approve a vacation (or any time off), so if you decide you want to take a vacation after your leave is up, your employer will let you know if they allow that or not.

• Rob

vacation pay is seperate from maternity pay.

normally owner will allow u to use vacation pay

at this time.

no u can not go past 6 weeks on maternity leave

unlessed allowed in company policies.

Source(s): BizOwner
  • Ryan M

That would be up to your employer. Vacation pay is a BENEFIT and therefore there is no federal law regarding how it is to be used.

• Erika

you are able to desire to ask your company, i'm specific there is a few form of clause which will preclude you from taking those 2 weeks mixed with the maternity yet whilst no longer then there is not any longer something they are able to do to end you..