BRONIES/NON BRONIES! Why do you love/hate My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?

(PLEASE READ!)

This one should be interesting. Opinions on the show can be seen in many different ways. The people that watch it and like it have their reasons, and the people who don't watch it have theirs, too. I didn't want to start a flame war between bronies and non bronies in this, so for the sake of everyone here, please don't be hateful to everyone.

These are a few reasons that I like the show: The show itself is very well made; the animation, writing, voice acting, music, etc. all impress me with each and every episode they make. Another thing that I love about it is the fan base. The MLP fan base is the most kind and welcoming fan base I've ever been a part of, and that says a lot because I've been involved in a ton of fan bases (and I'm still involved in a majority of them). Everything that the fandom makes just to show their appreciation for the show blows me away every time I see something new some one makes (Hell, I'm even listening to remixed pony songs as I'm writing this). Something else that I like is that the people that work on the show know that we love it, and they accept us with open arms.

So my question is, why do you love/hate it?

And for any haters here, don't just say 'it sucks' or some other kind of bull crap answer, please be serious on why you don't like it or watch it.

Best Answer

I "like" it. I honestly do not "love" it to say for I do not watch episode ALL the time.

Why I like MLP? Just like you and most Bronies, it is very well made. Voice acting is brilliant to the point that it almost seems that if you change the voices of any character, it wouldn't them at all, it would be like changing the voice of any human.

I am a huge animation fan, from classic Disney to modern Pixar. The animation aspect of this show really creates characterization of the ponies. It is very very easy to tell the emotion of the ponies no matter what. It is easy to see this by their eyes. Their pupils get smaller when in fear, or really big when in love, or excited. I also like the minimal amount of "computer animated effects" they use. Barely any motion blur is used and the ponies movements are very natural, not choppy or anything. I also like how every part of their body is affected by their motions (such as hair bounces when they bounce ect.)

The plot is amazing, for I love the suspense. Unfortunately, the MLP plot causes me to not want to watch episodes over. For once the suspense is revealed, it really takes the plot out of the picture when you see it again. Of course then you could just watch for the humor ect.

MLP is based off of old 90's cartoons, so it's comedy is quite funny. I have always been a fan of humor when a character hit something, they like stick in the position they were in instead of just hitting something and saying "ouch". (My biggest example is when Fluttershy is terrified of Nightmare Moon, and when she tries to run into her house, Twilight slams the door on her, causing Fluttershy to hit the door at high speed and just sticking to the door, flat.)

As well as you, I am a huge fan of the fan base. The fan base has everything, music, comedy, animation, everything. The fan base is what I am more interested in than the actual show itself. I love how Bronies don't give a crap what haters think, love and tolerate that's all we need. I love listening to Brony made music, such as techno, and remixes of songs on the show. I also enjoy things like remixes of the show (YTP) and that.

MLP creators do a great job at listening to their fans. Heck, if they didn't listen to their fans, Derpy Hooves would have never existed for she was originally a background pony with an animation error causing her eyes to be "derpy". Listening to the fan base means that the creators are up for any change that will help keep the show fresh and funny. This causes shows to last a while for it stops the show from becoming some cliche show about ponies.

And all of this is why I like MLP:FiM.

Truthfully I didn't think I would like the show. But I was watching it with my niece.Truthfully I consider this High quality in animation and storytelling. The plot was solid with no plot holes, the story and Aesop is very well though out. I like the main cast and how they complement each other. The main theme I notice while watching it is how to deal with a bully without becoming one. Which I believe is a good one. Though The animation I don't like, because I personally I like the classic 2d animation of back in the day.

I honesty can't think of anything wrong with the show. I wish there were more shows with this high quality.

Let me start off by saying I LOVE My Little Pony. i have since I was 3. I'm also an animation major, so let me just tell you a thing or two.

Putting Lauren Faust as your main answer is an absolute joke. She would be nothing without Craig McCracken and she literally just copied his animation style to the tee. She's a fail after a fail and pretty much just cruises off her husband's success. The ponies personalities are the same personalities she used for Galaxy Girls, which went no where. Besides, she only worked on the first season and after the second season is going to be working on a different, worse, show. When I first saw the G4 ponies, i thought they looked hideous. Especially after the G3 ponies which were simply gorgeous. The new ones look like elves.

The animation is not that great. It's average and to say that older shows, of any kind, are cheaply done shows how completely uneducated a person is about animation and therefore shouldn't have any say in it. I think the writing and music are uncomfortably similar to My Little Pony Tales. And that's the thing I hate most about bronies, that they think any other incarnation of My Little Pony is terrible. Friendship is Magic is literally just a modern version of My Little Pony Tales and the other two My Little Pony shows mixed together. When they say the old versions are cheesy and girly, I laugh everytime. Friendship is Magic is cheesy and girly and with a name like Friendship is Magic, how could it not be cheesy and girly? In my opinion, take the singing out and the show would be much better and would actually make it better than older incarnations.

Honestly, I don't hate the show. I hate the fans. They make me embarrassed to say I like My Little Pony. The thing that just makes it the worst is the fact that when My Little Pony is mentioned, is automatic brony this and brohoof that, or whatever that is called. There is so much more to My Little Pony than that stupid show. The whole point of it, before there was any show, was to collect the toys. When I would mention Ponies to someone, that's what we talked about. Which figures we had, which ones we wanted and how much they're worth. Now, I wear one of my Ponyville figure necklaces and all I get all day long is, "Is that Pinkie Pie or Rainbow Dash?" I say, "This is Toola Roola." And they're like, "Who's that? What episode where they on?" Sorry to burst your bubble but there are thousands of ponies other than the 6 on the show. And Rainbow Dash was an earth pony, not a Pegasus. She was only made into a tomboy because of the Rainbow, insinuating she's actually a lesbian because she wasn't a tomboy before.

1. Lauren Faust

2. Hasbro actually put effort into it

3. The fandom is awesome (most of it)

4. The animation is perfect and not just cheaply thrown together like past gens

5 the characters.they actually have personalities and aren't just stupid talking horses that do makeovers and stupid stuff like that.They kick ***.Youve got the geeky, wizard/witch pony, Twilight Sparkle;the simply badass tom-boyish one, Rainbow Dash; The random, party animal, cheezy one Pinkie Pie; The shy quiet cute one, Fluttershy; the drama queen fashion designer, Rarity;and the hard working cowgirl, Apple Jack.

6. it reminds me of PPG, also the elements of harmony remind me of the rings in captain planet or the 7 chaos emeralds in Sonic the hedgehog.

7. they listen to their fans. How do you think we got Derpy in the first place?

All the people I know that watch it are extremely annoying people to be around ("the nerds other nerds throw rocks at and stuff into lockers", you may say), and I do not wish to associate myself with those people in any way, shape, or form. That is why I don't watch it.

The majority of fans may be totally normal, but those guys I know in real life make me want to have nothing to do with it.

I love the show. It's cute, light-hearted (a bit of a relief at times), has better continuity and writing than most TV out there, and has a ridiculously talented and dedicated fanbase.

I am not adequately familiar with MLP to say that I have any strong feelings about it one way or the other. Nor do I intend to become familiar with it in the foreseeable future.

I IS A BRONIE !!!!! >.< i like it simply because it brings back good memories!!! RAINBOW DASH AWAY~