Boo asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 years ago

How can I prevent a yeast infection from happening?

I feel like i might be getting a yeast infection but im not exactly sure because i have never had one. I do not want to be gross, but i want to give details to get the best answer possible and ultimately make sure what it is. My discharge is white and thick, and my vagina is somewhat itchy but not horrible (this is what makes me think one might be coming on), and i also have a small cut inside the labia(not inside the actual vagina) other than that it is fine. I do not know if i should go buy monistat, since i am not 100% sure, or if i should take some kind of pro-biotic supplement. I do not have health insurance so i do not want to go to the doctor. Any kind of help/advice or home remedies would be much appreciated. Please!!!

Best Answer

It will require a trip to your local health food store and buy some items. Also you will need to change you diet for a limited time. Once you follow this, you will get rid of the infection and also candida ( yeast ) over-growth in your body:

1. Choose cotton underwear and do not wear tight trousers (Moulds love warm, dark spaces with limited airflow).

2. Avoid damp environments where airborne moulds are ever-present.

3. Exercise everyday to relieve stress. Aerobic exercise is especially useful in treating candida as Candida and other fungi do not thrive in a high-oxygen environment. Also, fresh air and regular exercise have a positive effect on immunity.

4. Cut all foods containing yeast including bread, pizza, crackers, pastries, muffins, mushrooms and ferments like soy sauce, cheese, tomato paste, beer and vinegar.

5. Avoid refined carbohydrates as they are known to have a depressant effect on the immune system.

6. Get organic coconut oil which cost about $5-7 dollars from a health food store and take 2 tablespoons of it every morning. It will help give relief from the inflammation caused by yeast (candida), externally and internally to your body.

7. Get apple cider vinegar RAW. I would recommend the one from a company called Bragg's which is about $6 dollars. Take 2 tablespoons of it the moment you wake up from bed and before you go to sleep. It helps encourage the growth of healthy bacteria, which in turn minimizes the overgrowth of candida and balances your body's pH level.

8. Eat lots of leafy Green Veg's every time you are hungry.

9. Get probiotics supplement which cost about 20-30 dollars. Use as directed

10. AVOID ALL SUGAR BASED FOODS

This will starve the candida and reduce you inflammation so the when you see the doctor on the 11th he will be able to help you recover more quickly. But please this will require effort on your part and since you did take action by seeking help I know you can do what i suggested above . I can tell you from personally experience that this WORKS because I have done this myself

Source(s): Also search google for Eric bakker. He is leading authority/expert on topic of yeast infection, search his name and visit his site about yeast infection, he has a full candida crusher program to help you crush candida forever.
  • Diane

Here are some tips to preventing a yeast infection.. Always wear cotton underwear. Nylon and Lycra may trap air and create a breeding ground for yeast. Never wear pantyhose without wearing cotton underwear underneath. Never use petroleum-based lubricants for vaginal lubrication during sexual intercourse. Always use water-based lubricants when vaginal dryness is an issue. Always wipe from front to back after a bowel movement to prevent the yeast which normally inhabits the intestinal tract from being transferred to the vaginal area. Eating one cup of yogurt a day helps some women prevent the yeast infections that often follow antibiotic treatment; however, eating yogurt will not cure a yeast infection. Don't use perfumed bath products or powders in the vaginal area, these can cause irritations which can lead to infection. Don't use douches! Douches wash away the natural protective mucous of the vagina leaving the vagina more susceptible to yeast and other vaginal infections.

2

Source(s): Naturally Eliminate Yeast Infection - http://YeastCure.trustdd.com/?fUcq

"My discharge is white and thick.."

That is a sign that your body is fighting a yeast infection. This is normal and automatic. You might need to buy a tube of cream from the pharmacy if the discharge starts to clump like cottage-cheese and gives a sour odor.

Moisture is the problem with yeast. Some routine advice:

* Shave the area so moisture does not have hairs to cling to

* Run your blow-dryer over the area on "air" for 30 seconds after your shower to dry the area

* Pantie liners in the morning and change it mid-day to help wick away moisture.

* When you come home - switch to boy-boxer shorts with loose legs to let air circulate.

* Sleep without panties to encourage air down there or again the boy-boxers if you share a bathroom down the hall.

Hope this helps.

Unique Yeast Infection System : http://YeastCured.com/

You can't really prevent a yeast infection but there are home remedies that you can try. Over the counter drugs may help. You probably wipe yourself to hard down there be gentle. Do not wear tight pants, do not wash yourself with soap down there, when you exercise & sweat change your undies.

• Carrie

use antibacterial soap that is unscented to wash down there also it could just itch because the cut is healing. Drink cranberry juice it will help prevent a yeast infection. You could also buy some of those vagisil wipes to help with the itching. It also could just itch because the discharge is drying a bit.

Eliminate Yeast Infection Fast - http://YeastCured.uzaev.com/?xkLv