Liberals: 1 in 2 college grads are unemployed or underemployed. Does this scare you?

I am you think because you are the ones that pour money into higher education no matter what field it is. This article will show you how bad it is for those who do those easy liberal arts majors and business majors.

What we need to do is cut ALL financial aid and only make STEM fields free since what are needed are more STEM graduates.

I am currently doing mechanical engineering, which is a hot job right now and in the future but we have a deficit in STEM field graduates.

Update 2:

And also, with only having STEM fields have free education, do you know how great technology would become? We would become leaders in science and mathematics once again.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

wow, here i was thinking you were just another run-of-the-mill moron until I got to the STEM issue. free STEM majors would be great! and you're 100% correct in the matter of the deficit of these professionals. we ALREADY face a major shortage. not all business majors are useless though, accountants are necessary to the success of any business.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

It's really sad that so many people go into the liberal arts for the sake of a career. A degree in liberal arts makes a fine hobby pursuit. I really dislike people who put down the liberal arts because being ignorant of them is a terrible shame but it is true that it is not very bright to go into fields that have little employment if you are relying on them to pay back a loan.

• Le
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

1 in 2 Americans it seems are unemployed...why? The greed of 200 years has hit the buffers! Run out of things to plunder...got to roll up the sleeves and do an honest days work now!

• 8 years ago

Daughter - University of Maryland - employed

Son - UT law school grad this year - employed

Daughter -UT Austin - employed

All this while Obama has been President

FACT

EDIT: Hysterical someone would give a thumbs down at three kids being employed....and if they were on welfare you would complain....PRICELESS

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Those that do not get college degrees have twice the unemployment and an average salary of one third less.

You do so little research I can see you are a conservative.

• 8 years ago

So you advocate the old Soviet-style education system where children are plugged into careers, whether they want them or not.

Good to know.

• 8 years ago

you forget that those without a college degree have an even lower chance for a job, and their jobs are significantly worse

• they relish it because it means more people needing the Federal Govt for support. Libs love that

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

We liberals want EVERYONE unemployed so everyone will be dependent on the government.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.